CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

road/wind noise in CLK430?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
road/wind noise in CLK430?

I have my car for about 6 months now.
the more I drive, the more I notice that there is lots of wind noise, and road noise.
Do you think I need to have my seal replaced? Will dealer take care of this issue under warranty?

Or is it my tires that are too loud and windows/windshield are not tightly sealed?

I have Mitchelin A/S tire Sport
Any comment/advice would be greatly appreciated!

By the way..i have 2001 CLK 430
Old 01-22-2004, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Re: road/wind noise in CLK430?

Originally posted by turboriceco0ker
I have my car for about 6 months now.
the more I drive, the more I notice that there is lots of wind noise, and road noise.
Do you think I need to have my seal replaced? Will dealer take care of this issue under warranty?

Or is it my tires that are too loud and windows/windshield are not tightly sealed?

I have Mitchelin A/S tire Sport
Any comment/advice would be greatly appreciated!

By the way..i have 2001 CLK 430
don't forget the fact that our cars don't have a top window frame, so we are more suceptible to wind & road noise... It is pretty quiet considering that fact...

I believe that the windows angles can be adjusted for tighter fit & noise reduction... However, if you tighten the angle more, the tradeoff is that it will be harder for you to close the door(s)... you'll need to use a little more muscle closing them...

Check your tires too... if the tread is wearing out, it may create more noise... I'm not sure how the Pilot Sport A/S tires are in terms of noise, but, typically Michelins are pretty quiet...

If your car is still under warranty, they sure can adjust the window for you if you ask them to....