CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

P0410 CODE need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK430
P0410 CODE need help

Looked it up and it sais secondary air pump check not passed. From what ive read its saying that it has to do with my EVAP system? How to i correct this issue!? On a side note TPS sensor has been acting funky any time i WOT in the sense that throttle response gets thrown out of the window shortly after, until i restart my car.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK430
bump, anyone have any input?
Old 05-27-2015, 06:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 171 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
The air pump is used to lower tail pipe emissions on start-up. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) grounds the air pump relay control circuit which energizes the air pump. The PCM also grounds the air combination valve vacuum control solenoid circuit, which energizes the air vacuum control solenoid. Vacuum is then applied to both air combination valve diaphragms which opens the shut off valves. The PCM enables both circuits simultaneously when air system operations id desired. When the air system is active, then air pump forces fresh air into the exhaust stream in order to accelerate catalyst operation. The air combination valves replace the conventional check valves. When the air system is inactive the shut off valves prevent air flow in either direction.

When the secondary air injection system does not detect the presence of air in the exhaust when introduced by the secondary air injection system.

- CEL turns ON
- Engine hesitation

Possible causes:

- Faulty Air Pump
- Faulty Vacuum hoses
- Air bypass solenoid harness is open or shorted
- Air bypass solenoid circuit has poor electrical connection
- Air bypass solenoid leaking/blocked or stuck open/closed
- Air diverter valve leaking/blocked or stuck open/closed