CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

97 clk 200 rear camber

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2015 | 04:04 PM

97 clk 200
97 clk 200 rear camber

Hi all my car was sagging on the rear end i have just changed both coil spring as the rear camber was bad it is not that bad now but they still have a bit of camber all the bushes are fine can it be adjusted to get rid of it before i fit my new alloys
Old 08-05-2015 | 06:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
Originally Posted by simon c
Hi all my car was sagging on the rear end i have just changed both coil spring as the rear camber was bad it is not that bad now but they still have a bit of camber all the bushes are fine can it be adjusted to get rid of it before i fit my new alloys
The rears do not have camber adjustment, the camber is set quite negative as factory spec for the CLK and is designed to sit this way. Higher profile tyres and larger wheels will also mean that there is not the same flex to the tyres and can,(but not always) lead to inside wear.
There are kits however that will eliviate this issue, such as offset bolts, offset bushes and adjustable arms.

From experience you can reduce the negative camber a small amount, by losening the one arm bolts then use a ratchet strap to pull the bottom of the wheel inwards and the top outward and re-tighten.

For my CLK I have copied what the set up is on the front of the CLK by elongating the holes where the one main bolt pivots. This moves the rears in at the bottom by about 4mm enough to reduce the wear.
Old 08-06-2015 | 12:10 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by simon c

THERE IS ONLY FRONT AND REAR TOE ADJUSTMENT OEM !

FOR THE FRONT (ONLY) YOU CAN FIT INACCURATE ONE ONLY POSITION OFFSET BOLTS. BUT THESE PROVIDE ONLY .3 OF ONE DEGREE (3mm/ 1/8”).

We saw the need therefore to design, invent precisely adjustable – Front Camber and Caster and Rear Camber (with extra Toe) replacement bushings.

To resolve once and for all premature, costly inner edge tire wear, steering pull, the result of curb knock damage, altering height, load carrying or fitting wide profile tires/wheels.

No more ongoing visits to dealers or alignment shops or constantly changing tire brands. The K-MAC patented design is single wrench, ongoing adjustment capability – on car accurately (under load) direct on alignment rack – offering 3 times the adjustment range of the one position offset bolts.

Added bonus is these K-MAC bushes also replace the (4) highest wearing front suspension bushings. K-MAC have twice the load bearing area and eliminate the OEM air voided oil filled bushes, yet retain the 2 axis movement. Result is improved brake and steering response.

For the rear similar precisely adjustable Camber bushings and extra Toe adjustment bushes to compensate for the new Camber facility.

W208 Front – Camber and Caster #502016J $380
Rear – Camber and extra Toe #502026H $320
Rear Cabriolet #501426 $345

Current promotion for MB World members USA/Canada delivery - $30 one kit or $40 front and rear (normally $70 one kit, $80 front and rear). Can pay by Visa, MasterCard or PayPal.

See link for latest 2015 catalog Audi to Volvo – World’s largest range. http://K-mac.com/mercedes/
Attached Images