CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

New Top Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 320 CLK 2002 ML 500
New Top Problem

I started to work on trying to figure out what is wrong with my top and why it wasn't working but after being able to open it manually I was so happy that it was down that I had to take advantage of the great driving days we have been haveing. Today the weather report is calling for rain so I figured I would raise it up and lock it back down case done. After releasing the cover opening it up I tried to get the top out of the compartment but it seems to be stuck so I figured I needed to release the hydraulic pressure on the pump as suggested in the manual. But when I try it the screw does not budge its so tight I can not get it to turn is that normal? I just don't want to break anything else.
Help rain is 3 hours away and we all know how accurate that is all I know is its is getting darker outside

UPDATE after messing around my top started to work again, but now the hydraulic pump will not shut off and I have to remove the fuse. Any ideas what causes the pump not to shut down ?

Last edited by comptronix; 08-30-2015 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 170 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
I don't mean to be rude, but both myself and Top Hydraulics tried to help you with your power top issue that you posted only a couple of weeks ago, upon which in the end, you never replied.

See https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...ml#post6524350

I'm not sure what additional help you expect from this new post.

All I will suggest, at this time, is to use the forums search function.

After 13+ years, all that can go wrong with a W208 cabrio power roof has already been covered.

Starting yet another thread, just makes it all the more difficult for those who seek help (e.g. numerous posts that just result in dead ends).

Last edited by Serndipity; 08-31-2015 at 12:03 AM.