CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Does anyone else get paranoid besides me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 mercedes clk coupe
Re: LA ?

Originally posted by quaz
It's safe to say that my CLK will never be in LA...I'm in Chicago...and God knows I'd NEVER drive my baby that far!

So, if I ever move to LA...I'll be sure to have the driver of the shipping truck stop by there!

man are u barely making payments on the car? yeah its nice and **** but dude its a ****en car drive it how ever u wanna drive it where ever u wanna drive it njoy the damw thing dont sweat it
Old 04-07-2002, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 162 Likes on 131 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
are your guys kidding?

I would literally beat up a little kid if he were to peak at my ride....huh...you never know...scratches, thumbprints, lip staines and oh my god, the worst of them all...HANDPRINTS...OH HANDPRINTS !!!! ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aargggggggggggggggggggghhhh
Old 04-07-2002, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by Ahmed
are your guys kidding?
... the worst of them all...HANDPRINTS...OH HANDPRINTS !!!! ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aargggggggggggggggggggghhhh
What are you talking about?

Try removing PELICAN POOP! Once it starts eating through the paint finish, its time to trade, fast.
Old 04-08-2002, 04:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK430 White/ Charcoal
If you think bird poop is bad, try avoiding those squeegy guys who hang at city street lights who have no teeth and literally try to clean your winshield with an old toothbrush and some NYC tap water. The more you say No thankyou, the more they insist to clean your windows. This also include gas attendants as well. And the worst is when they try to wipe off the bird crap and they make things even worse by smudging it all over your windows grrrr YUCK!!
Old 04-08-2002, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by Gizmo
If you think bird poop is bad, try avoiding those squeegy guys who hang at city street lights who have no teeth and literally try to clean your winshield with an old toothbrush and some NYC tap water. The more you say No thankyou, the more they insist to clean your windows. This also include gas attendants as well. And the worst is when they try to wipe off the bird crap and they make things even worse by smudging it all over your windows grrrr YUCK!!
Yep, the Audubon Society never talks about MB automobile surface damage inflicted by the feathered friends. The acidity in Pelican Poop dissolves fishhooks. Imagine, what that can do to your GPS antenna, and where it will take you, if hit.
Old 04-08-2002, 07:36 PM
Almost a Member!

Pelican Poop + MB = Chaos lol
Old 04-08-2002, 07:54 PM

2006 MB C230 SS 6spd, Navi
You gentlemen make me laugh, I love my mercedes, but you guys are.... well.......
Old 04-09-2002, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 162 Likes on 131 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
Well, we don't have pelicans around here, but I'll tell one thing for sure. The stray cats around my neighbourhood seem to take turns enjoying the comforts of a warm curvy CLK hood on winter nights.

Ang guess what they leave behind the next morning!! You name it...it's there!!

I've had to cover my car every night and thats just made it more cozy for our furry freinds.
Old 04-10-2002, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by Ahmed
Well, we don't have pelicans around here, but I'll tell one thing for sure. The stray cats around my neighbourhood seem to take turns enjoying the comforts of a warm curvy CLK hood on winter nights.

Ang guess what they leave behind the next morning!! You name it...it's there!!

I've had to cover my car every night and thats just made it more cozy for our furry freinds.
Ahmed:
You may want to enlist the help of the U.S. Navy's Fifth Fleet, while there is not much action, -- yet!
Old 04-10-2002, 06:20 AM

CLK55
TO SELECTIVE PARK OR NOT?

Guys

Last year in December on a cold, windy day, I parked my NEW ride in a single spot at the far end of the parking lot at the Beverly Connection here in LA. As I walked up on the entrance I noticed something coming up rapidly from behind me out of the corner of my eye. It turned out to be a SHOPPING cart that the wind had caught which slammed into the front fender of a car parked in the spot in front of the entrance door.

CAN YOU IMAGINE if I had....? ? ?
Old 04-10-2002, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe
Originally posted by karl k

What are you talking about?

Try removing PELICAN POOP! Once it starts eating through the paint finish, its time to trade, fast.

Pelican POOP? man i feel sorry for u

dont do that to a benz man built a garage
Old 04-10-2002, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by sungulent

Pelican POOP? man i feel sorry for u

dont do that to a benz man built a garage
It's garaged - Sungulent, day & night.

However, sometimes I get tired of just driving my AMG in the garage.

That's when it becomes challenging, on public roads:

I practice evasive maneuvers during the Winter because of Canadian geese; I avoid indigenous Pelicans during the Summer.
Old 04-10-2002, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe
Originally posted by karl k
It's garaged - Sungulent, day & night.

However, sometimes I get tired of just driving my AMG in the garage.

That's when it becomes challenging, on public roads:

I practice evasive maneuvers during the Winter because of Canadian geese; I avoid indigenous Pelicans during the Summer.
karl k
sorry man
one solution to your problem is to move

move to los angeles its hella nice out here
Old 04-10-2002, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by sungulent

karl k
sorry man
one solution to your problem is to move

move to los angeles its hella nice out here
How difficult is it to navigate through these faults?

I guess, one way is to get airborne w/ CLK AMG flying lessons.

You seem to have more faults than roads!

http://www.scecdc.scec.org/lafault.html#MAP
Old 04-10-2002, 04:08 PM

CLK 430
Solution

FUNNY !!

But seriously....your solution to pelican poop....or any other poop for that matter...is to carry around a bottle of Mercedes Quick Wipe in your trunk along with a 100% terry cloth towel.

As soon as the "**** hits the fan"....hit it with the quick wipe.

I hate to sound like a commercial...but the stuff works!

quaz
Old 04-10-2002, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
quaz:

You must have alot of experience w/Canadian Geese in Chicago around the Great Lakes.

I am afraid that when I start using MB quickwipes, those pelicans will be attracted. Just like when I go fishing, they dive after the airborne fishing hooks with bait as I cast my fishing line.

Well, for thanks, you guessed how I get rewarded for a baited fishing hook - ...more poop!
Old 04-10-2002, 08:39 PM

1986 BMW 528e
I have almost all the symptoms. I look back 3 or 4 times after parking, rinse it off about once a week, worry quite a bit about it when it's parked (on a college campus, so I have reason..), worry about dents and position it carefully in parking spaces (no double parking though), and get nervous when I see people approach it. During pleasant days, I worry that I left the sunroof open if it begins to rain.

And no, it's not a new Mercedes (unfortunately), but an '86 BMW 528e. I cherish it...obsessively. Certainly you guys are justified in guarding your new Benzes!

Here's a picture--I hope you like it.
Old 04-10-2002, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
That 528 is a fine car. I enjoyed a couple of 2002 in the 70s. A 1969 2000 CS rusted fast, without the addition/blessing of Canadian Geese and/or Pelican p..p.
Old 04-10-2002, 11:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Hey, it doesn't matter what car you own. ALL cars no matter what year they are WILL be old sooner or later. All that matters is that you enjoy and take pride in your car as it is a hobbie for us classy people!

PS- I hate when little kids play hide and go seek near my car when it's parked
Old 04-11-2002, 12:14 AM

2001 CLK
dumb people

you think all of the other posts were bad...........hear this.........

I was in the WalMart parking lot last week. Got a call on my phone, so I continued talking and while sitting in my car with the doors shut. Lady in the car next to mine comes back with her shopping cart and merchandise. She starts loading things in her car in the passenger door, I'm not paying attention. All of a sudden, I see the shopping cart rolling towards my driver side door. I can do anything.....if i open the door, i'll make it smash into it. It hit it lightly.......so i didndt do anything......she just made a stupid face. I said its ok. Then she's pushing the cart way towards the grass, and she knocks my driver side mirror, and the whole thing just folds to the side. I was horrified, and just amazed at how many stupid people there are around.

I used to park my car far away in the parking lot, but it got to be a pain. I guess I should start doing it agagin.
Old 04-11-2002, 12:22 AM
Almost a Member!

I hate birds!!!!!

A damn pigeon crapped into my car while I was cruising with my sunroof open, talk about bad luck. Kind of ironic considering all this talk about pelican poop, but now Pigeons??

Thank god for Armor All handy wipes
Old 04-11-2002, 07:32 AM

1986 BMW 528e
Really horrible to hear about that, 911Jose. I'm guessing you drive a Porsche 911? What gets me is that people are too dumb to even notice a nice car when they see one. When I am parking or doing anything around a nice car (new BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, even Acura, Lexus, etc.), I am much more careful than if I am parking next to a random Accord or minivan. I'm always surprised others don't take the same consideration. I think the most flagrant ignorants are soccer moms with little kids. I'm sure they have a lot going on, but still...

And I tend to park in spaces that are not occupied on either side by other cars. The best part is that I then get an unobstructed view of my car as I return!

And gizmo, I worry about the 'bird-crapping-through-the-sunroof' problem too, especially when parked with it open (for a short time). Now I know this has actually happened to someone!
Old 04-11-2002, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Re: I hate birds!!!!!

Originally posted by Gizmo
A damn pigeon crapped into my car while I was cruising with my sunroof open, talk about bad luck. Kind of ironic considering all this talk about pelican poop, but now Pigeons??

Thank god for Armor All handy wipes
Pigeons are in the same family as pelicans: Dangerous feathered friends. However, I don't think pigeon poop has as much acidity as that of a pelican, which dissolves steel fishing hooks.

Another anti MB product is Armor All. It makes the plastics shiny and reflective; over time, the plastics become brittle and will crack. However, Armor All handy wipes are ok after lots of water to remove the bird poop completely on the exterior car surfaces.
Old 04-11-2002, 11:27 AM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
OK I am laughing out loud- not b/c I think you guys are crazy but because I get ridiculed at times for being so **** about my car...

When I go out w/ my girlfriend, I now drop her off at the door of whatever establishment we are visiting b/c she gets annoyed with the "perfect-spot" hunt.

I moved my office last September and one of my criteria was that I had to be able to view my car from my window- I gave the front corner office to one of my managers (incredible view of the bay) so that I could sit in the back with a view of my baby. It is not garaged here but it does have shade until 3 pm- where I drive it to the other side of our lot for the rest of the day.

Recently, I was visiting some of my gf's family- I was looking out the window @ my car as they were talking to me and I Noticed kids skate boarding near it- ignoring their conversation I muttered "*******s" under my breathe- to my surprise they were neices and nephews and I wasn't whispering...

What can you do? Details... Details...
Old 04-11-2002, 11:34 AM

CLK 430
FUNNY

Man...that was funny!

But....I hear you!

I'm to the point now that I realize that my love affair with my car may never wear off....so I'll just have to embrace it!

I'm also realizing that I am more paranoid on the road than ever before. When I'm passing a car....and it even LOOKS like they are considering changing lanes...or even driving to close to the line...I blow my horn big time!

quaz

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Does anyone else get paranoid besides me?