CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

My bas and esp light wont go off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz CLK320
My bas and esp light wont go off

I recently changed some fuses in my mercedes clk320 to make my heater come back on and now my bas and esp and abs light are on I don't know why they where not on before how do I get them to go off I'm freaking out I have changed fuses added fuses my brakes are new brake switch is new please help
Old 01-21-2016, 04:01 AM

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
'97 S500 Coupe, 2016 AMG S63 Coupe, 2007 Audi Q7
Dirty review the following
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...mp-switch.html
Old 01-21-2016, 06:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 133 Likes on 98 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
The brake switch is the normal suspect, however as you were only changing fuses you probably just need to preform a startup reset, Heres how:

(Step 9 will reset your ABS / ESP)

Preparation Steps:
1. Make sure your steering wheel is straight.
2. Make sure your windows are all the way up
3. Make sure your sun roof is completely closed (if you have one)
4. Make sure your parking brake is released.
6. Turn off your stereo and make sure you have your stereo's Anti-theft code.
7. Turn off your heat/AC blower
8. Turn off your lights
9. Make sure your doors are UNLOCKED.

Now, disconnect battery 30 secs and then reconnect.
Get in car close the door and turn the key to position 2 (Just before you start the engine but do not start it)

1. Resetting your windows: Bring down both windows at the same time by holding the switches just before the click that brings them down automatically. Once both windows are all the way down make both switches click by pressing them all the way down and hold them for 3 secs (This lets the ECU learn that that is the end of the window track and it records it in memory). Do the same for closing the windows by holding both switches and making them click once the windows are all the way up.

2. Turn on your blower and make both sides go to 72 deg (if you have this typr of heater control) by pressing both up and down buttons at the same time. This will calibrate the ECU
3. Turn on your stereo and enter you stereo code.
4. Pull the sun roof all the way back and all the way forward then up and then done.

6. Turn all you lights on and off, including your fog lights.

7. Turn the key back to position 0.

8. Turn on your engine. You will get 2 malfunctions, your ABS and ESP lights will be on and must be calibrated.

9. Calibrate your ABS and ESP systems by turning the steering wheel all the way to your RIGHT and then all the way to your LEFT, then bring it back to the middle. Notice the two yellow lights disappear from you dashboard.

10. Let your car run in idle for about 5 minutes and then take it for a spin. Remember your ECU is still getting all the readings from all the sensors on your car so drive slowly first then faster... and so on.. you are basically teaching your ECU how to handle your car.