CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Help identifying Air Intake Tube

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320
Help identifying Air Intake Tube

I got a CEL about 2 weeks ago and the OBDII reader said it was an EGR issue. I spent this morning removing the EGR, cleaning it, and swapping hoses and replacing the gaskets. However I may have damaged an unrelated metal tube during this procedure.

When trying to remove the EGR Line from the intake manifold, which is a tricky operation, I pushed and moved the Crankcase Breather Connector. This is the small plastic junction that connects the breather hoses to the crankcase right above the air intake. This is the part I'm talking about http://www.autohausaz.com/pn/1120180209

It connects the Center (part 152) and Upper (part 170) Crankcase Breather Hose for partial load crankcase ventilation. On this image it's part 158.

There is a third thing connecting to this part that's not on that diagram and I can't find anywhere else. It's a thin metal tube. I cannot find any information on what this tube is or does. During re-installation I managed to break this tube away from a mount it had elsewhere in the engine. It seems fine for now but I wanted to know more about this and find out if I could purchase a replacement if needed.

This is the tube I'm referring to.

You can see the EGR valve line going into the intake manifold on the upper right just out of focus.