CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Re: ahh... Danny

Originally posted by CLK430ROB
So you took my advice and sold the COMAND and make your wifey happy.. HAHA.

I'm gonna let you know.. its 89% a TRAP. You go buy another one and you pretty much opened up a can of worms. I been there done that. Them girls are evil man... they try to test their man all the damn time. You do something nice for her and sell the COMAND.... as a result... she thinks your trying to come on top give her a guilt trip. ( now your on top and a woman will never let her man be on top of her!) So she goes.. WTF?!!?... oh hellllsslslls NOooOO.. he gonna be on top.... so she in turn... tells you.. "don't trip... go get another one... i know how much u want a NAV!".... once you get it... the tables turn! Now you owe her something.. .and remember... wedding is right around the corner and you DO NOT want to be oweing her anything! You have the upperhand right now.... so you all good! DO NOT... i repeat... DO NOT set yourself up.. BRO! I gots your back!

Rob
Rob-rob... when will you realize, women like it when us guys are on top...

but yeah, i hear ya....
Old 03-05-2004, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by E55AMG99
Interesting perspectives from all. May I suggest that you make your decision based on your own instincts, feelings and such and then explain your actions to your GF. If you honestly feel that you should not be the one or willing to sacrafice in the relationship, then explain that to her now. If she responds with anything other than shock, disbelief and disdain, she's either lying or is a psycho. Either way the relationship is doomed. If she responds correctly and is upset with you, well I'm guessing you are already seeing where this is going. These issues need to be dealt with BEFORE the invites go out!
you are absolutely right...

we've each made sacrifices for each other, some more important than others, but we each recognize what was given up....

i kinda already made up my mind as to what I should/will be doing... in a way, by posting this thread, i just wanted to see what others responses were, based on their own experiences...

and so far, judging from the responses, it looks like i'm a very lucky person to have such a loving & considerate GF/fiancee

i will let you guys know what i decide to do in the end...
Old 03-05-2004, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ok... wait wait....

i have another idea...

so... what if i turn the tables and lay on the guilt & still get what i want???

say, what if i leave some catalogs with Nav systems circled... especially the ones I want...

Now, if SHE GOT IT FOR ME, then i'm in the clear cause i didn't buy it, and she can't say I wasted money cause I didn't buy it... and it would obviously show if she loves ME enough to buy me something nice that I've wanted for long long time

hehe... you think that will work???
Old 03-05-2004, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
Danny, don't give the guilt cause then you're screwed. With women in relationships, only they're allowed to manipulate with guilt - you try to do it and there will be hell to pay (one reason I'm not in a relationship lol). Leaving the catalogs around is a good idea though. Don't make it too obvious though. Leave them in places you would actually read/leave them like the bathroom. :0) ;0)
Old 03-05-2004, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man...

this is some funny Sh*T... hahaha.... Danny... just face it.. no matter how you look at it.... u Fooked! :P

Rob
Old 03-05-2004, 09:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E350
Re: Re: ahh... Danny

Originally posted by mmgrad
Rob-rob... when will you realize, women like it when us guys are on top...

but yeah, i hear ya....
I don't think so
Old 03-05-2004, 09:51 AM

2006 E350
Originally posted by Josh K
Danny, don't give the guilt cause then you're screwed. With women in relationships, only they're allowed to manipulate with guilt - you try to do it and there will be hell to pay
You are correct !! :p
Old 03-05-2004, 09:59 AM

2004 Maserati Coupe
Re: Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

ok.. so last week, i put up an ad to sell my COMAND, and yesterday, I sold it..

I did it as a surprise for my fiancee, to show that i'm willing to sacrifice my toys for the greater good...

So, after the sale was completed, she goes: "I know how much you wanted a Nav, you didn't have to sell it." .... blah blah blah.... "Why don't you just buy it back or get yourself another one"

All while we have been encouraging each other to save money for the wedding. So... do you think this is a test or a trap??? Or should i just say, FINE, THEN I'M GETTING MYSELF A NEW SYSTEM....???

What ya'll think?
My advice. If you want the system, buy it. If her suggestion to "get yourself another one" is not genuine (and she gets upset about you getting COMAND), she might think twice the next time she tries to mind-fu(k you...
Old 03-05-2004, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
ok... wait wait....

i have another idea...

so... what if i turn the tables and lay on the guilt & still get what i want???

say, what if i leave some catalogs with Nav systems circled... especially the ones I want...

Now, if SHE GOT IT FOR ME, then i'm in the clear cause i didn't buy it, and she can't say I wasted money cause I didn't buy it... and it would obviously show if she loves ME enough to buy me something nice that I've wanted for long long time

hehe... you think that will work???
I had a feeling you knew how lucky you are!

Don't be too obvious with your message. She might try to enlist the help of one of your friends. Make sure they know what you want.

good luck.

Greg
Old 03-05-2004, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

Originally posted by Ebrigham
My advice. If you want the system, buy it. If her suggestion to "get yourself another one" is not genuine (and she gets upset about you getting COMAND), she might think twice the next time she tries to mind-fu(k you...
yeah... i ain't gonna let any1 mind fu(k me..... i'm gonna play this like chess....

plan my attack, anticipate her moves then make the kill... muahahaha
Old 03-05-2004, 12:21 PM

2006 E350
Re: Re: Re: Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

yeah... i ain't gonna let any1 mind fu(k me..... i'm gonna play this like chess....

plan my attack, anticipate her moves then make the kill... muahahaha

(it isn't going to work)
Old 03-05-2004, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I had a feeling you knew how lucky you are!

Don't be too obvious with your message. She might try to enlist the help of one of your friends. Make sure they know what you want.

good luck.

Greg
yeah, she's a sweatheart... i don't think she has any malicious intents on saying what she said...

Btw, is that your special ladyfriend in your avatar? you are pretty lucky urself...
Old 03-05-2004, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???

Originally posted by ELENI
(it isn't going to work)
yes it will... all i have to do is think like a chic... and if I don't have enough chic-evilness in me, then i'll ask CLK430ROB for ideas... he's in touch with his feminine side... a lot...
Old 03-05-2004, 06:52 PM

yo man. do your catalog idea! if she actually buy you it. it'll save your money and u can buy something she wants. please both of you and no one will feel guity (u might if she felt in your trap!lol)

or just buy it after your a married. so she won't you if it's a trap lol!

but if it's not and u still deside to save the money then your catalog stratigy will more likey to work
Old 03-05-2004, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
Btw, is that your special ladyfriend in your avatar? you are pretty lucky urself...
Looks like my wife when she was 19 or 20. She's now forty and still looks fabulous but this is as close as she will let me come to posting a real pic. Can't blame her but I'm proud of the way she looks!
Old 03-05-2004, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by seealkay
yo man. do your catalog idea! if she actually buy you it. it'll save your money and u can buy something she wants. please both of you and no one will feel guity (u might if she felt in your trap!lol)

or just buy it after your a married. so she won't you if it's a trap lol!

but if it's not and u still deside to save the money then your catalog stratigy will more likey to work
haha... i've left very very few very very subtle hints...

leaving catalogs & websites open in my office (at home) and already, shes asking if I want to buy another one...

so, i played it off and just said:
"yea, there is a Nav system I've been looking at, but, its ok, the wedding is more important at this point."

Lets see what develops outta this... but things are looking good... she always gets me whatever I been eying, she just needs an excuse to get it for me (bday/xmas/anniversary/etc...)

so... it looks like the up-n-up for me...
Old 03-05-2004, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Looks like my wife when she was 19 or 20. She's now forty and still looks fabulous but this is as close as she will let me come to posting a real pic. Can't blame her but I'm proud of the way she looks!
wow... your wife looks fabulous... she looks very mature for a 19/20 yr old.

I can't imagine a woman that looks so stunning to change much even at ago 40...
Old 03-05-2004, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
wow... your wife looks fabulous... she looks very mature for a 19/20 yr old.

I can't imagine a woman that looks so stunning to change much even at ago 40...
Thanks for the compliment. I'll pass it on. She was very mature looking and since I always had a thing for older women, she was perfect!

Believe it or not, she has changed a lot. We both have but we really didn't notice it until we were gathering old photos for my 14 year old daughter to use in a school project last year. As we were digging, we were rather shocked to see the changes. Our hair is shorter and darker, our skin is less tan, our faces more mature (a few wrinkles) and we are wearing less jewelry (I used to wear a pinky ring and an earring - it was the 80's after all!). We had a good laugh and agreed that we would dig them out again in 20 years!
Old 03-06-2004, 12:11 AM

haha... i've left very very few very very subtle hints...
haha good luck man. if this happened a month eariler it could've been your valentine suprise lol.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by seealkay
haha good luck man. if this happened a month eariler it could've been your valentine suprise lol.
well... she still kinda owes me a bday gift... which was in February...

she had bought me a buffer for my bday, but she didn't know which one i wanted, so, i ended up returning it... i was gonna get the PC buffer, but I think I'm gonna wait for the next Meguiars event to pick up a PC kit instead. to make a long story short, since I will be getting the buffer on my own, maybe she'll get the nav for me instead....
Old 03-06-2004, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the compliment. I'll pass it on. She was very mature looking and since I always had a thing for older women, she was perfect!

Believe it or not, she has changed a lot. We both have but we really didn't notice it until we were gathering old photos for my 14 year old daughter to use in a school project last year. As we were digging, we were rather shocked to see the changes. Our hair is shorter and darker, our skin is less tan, our faces more mature (a few wrinkles) and we are wearing less jewelry (I used to wear a pinky ring and an earring - it was the 80's after all!). We had a good laugh and agreed that we would dig them out again in 20 years!
a few wrinkles on us men just make us more distinguished... although I'm sure women don't feel the same about wrinkles on their faces.

Change is inevitable... I look back at pictures 5-10 yrs ago, and I can't believe how I've changed... like you said, its good for a laugh sometimes.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:28 AM

better if u record video of yourself doing stupid things u won't see yourself doing in 20 years. like max out the clk on freeway and doing donuts in high school parkin lot lol!

i bet in 20 years u look back and you will be very suprised! can we do donuts with our 430s anyway? never tried lol. only floored on first with tc on. forgot to turn it off but i'll see when i get my car back lol.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:46 PM

2001 CLK 320
I'm interested in getting the command system.. roughly speaking how much is one and how difficult is it to install?

Regards,
-Bouncer-
Old 03-06-2004, 07:51 PM

I only look better with age...very distinguished and classy

anyways mmgrad now you can get the Alpine navi like you always wanted
Old 03-07-2004, 10:52 AM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
ooooh... i like that idea....

i'm not sure if i'm willing to take such a big risk though... cause if she don't say thing, then i'm
I went through something very similar and was married at the end of last year. Now that we are married, I sold my yukon and bought myself a w208 clk55 with 5,000 miles. Point is, make the sacrifice- or at least the apparent sacrifice- then seem a bit depressed a month or so after the nuptials. Every time you pass a clk on the road- say, "Man I miss that thing." Before you know it she will be telling you to go ahead ang get it or you will always regret it. Remind her how much better the w208 body is than the new and that you won't have the opportunity to do it again. Worked for me...

ps This in no way is an indication that I understand my wife in any regard. We have been tyogether for over 6 yeards and I still don't have a clue of where she is coming from most of the time- that isn't to say I don't love her. Choose your fights and drive what you want! My 2 cents. ps My clk55 is in the process of adding many mods before it comes home. I will be posting pics by the end opf the week. (Maya rims, 19", bunch of paint outs, accessories, springs, etc.) Should be great!

Dr. Benzo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Man sells Nav for Woman, Woman Buys Man... what Gives???