CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Your Top List of Mods/Parts sites for 1999 CLK320 Cab?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 05:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 Mercedes Benz CLK320 Cab
Your Top List of Mods/Parts sites for 1999 CLK320 Cab?

I'm new to the Mercedes world. I haven't built up a list of sites to buy parts or a list of Mods that are popular for the W208s. Please list your favorite mods for your CLK and your favorite websites for parts/mods/etc. Thanks in advance!!
Old 08-27-2016, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 192 Likes on 172 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
Unfortunately, the value of a 18 year old MB is much less than 5% of its original MSRP (e.g. $2,000 - $3,000 for a coupe and a bit more for a cabriolet). Note: 2001+ models are higher not only because of MY, but the numerous refinements/upgrades made.

That's because everyone knows how much they cost to maintain and repair.

I understand your enthusiasm, but as a long time original owner.........

Whatever future value remains after your purchase, is in keeping the car stock and well maintained. Modifications, are seldom recouped and more importantly, usually reduce resale value.

Lastly, in terms of needed repair/maintenance items, check out the forum sponsors. You'll find MB branded parts for less, exact OEM parts for much less than OE parts etc..
Old 08-27-2016, 09:09 PM

Thanks. I'm not looking to make a profit on this car...drive it for a couple years, while I finish restoring my Monte Carlo SS. I know I am not going to make a mint on this car...didn't buy it for that. Only paid $2200 for the car. I just want to enjoy it.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
clk and e coupe
mods for your car are going to be the same as any other, better air filters most go with k&n's.
You can do a little bigger exhaust and delete a resonator, it wont be super load but more flow. mercreded exhaust is def a limiting factor in performance, since it is a benz they try and keep them quiet
i have headers for that motor if you wanted to go that far
and im not sure who has a tune for that, maybe eurocharged.

if you want better handling you can go with new springs from H&r , i've found them the cheapest on amazon. and shocks and struts, because of the age of your car im sure it could used them if they are original.

i carry strut bars and chassis braces. i dont think you need all them, but a front strut tower brace does make a big difference in how the clk handles.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK 320 convertible
Originally Posted by Quikzilver
I'm new to the Mercedes world. I haven't built up a list of sites to buy parts or a list of Mods that are popular for the W208s. Please list your favorite mods for your CLK and your favorite websites for parts/mods/etc. Thanks in advance!!

I've kept it virtually stock and like it that way. Installed new shocks based on what KYB recommended when I called them, currently running Pirelli P4s which I'm happy with, just replaced the brake pads with Wagner Thermoquiets from Rock Auto.

The first thing I added was a switchable input jack for an MP3 player. Bought it from Crutchfield. I wanted to retain the original radio.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by CDM Motorsports
i carry strut bars and chassis braces. i dont think you need all them, but a front strut tower brace does make a big difference in how the clk handles.
I will definitely be hitting you up for the strut tower brace in the very near future. That was my favorite mod on my 07 Charger and 10 Camaro SS. Night and day for handling! I haven't put the CLK up on my lift yet, to go through the undercarriage...yet. Been playing with the rear headrests to get them down. Finally got them down and can now drop the top manually. Thank you for the list of mods, too!

Any other input would be great!
Old 08-28-2016, 09:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
clk and e coupe
Originally Posted by Quikzilver
I will definitely be hitting you up for the strut tower brace in the very near future. That was my favorite mod on my 07 Charger and 10 Camaro SS. Night and day for handling! I haven't put the CLK up on my lift yet, to go through the undercarriage...yet. Been playing with the rear headrests to get them down. Finally got them down and can now drop the top manually. Thank you for the list of mods, too!

Any other input would be great!
Happy to help. i enjoy our cars so it doesn't have to be a customer for me to want to talk and help