CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

LIMP MODE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2016 | 02:20 AM

2002 Mercedes Benz CLK 430
LIMP MODE

So recently my 2002 CLK 430 got the check engine light so I scanned the car to see what was up with it and it came to be code p0715 which is the turbine which is basically the transmission conductor plate. So I get it replaced with the OEM replacement as well as the sensor plug that comes with it. Guys at the mercedes shop did a great job since the problem was fixed. But before that code came up there was also code p0123 which is the throttle position sensor. So I'm traveling about 300 miles to get to my university and I decide to stop to use the restroom. After I turn on the car and leave the car decides to go into limp mode and in my mind I'm like nooo this can't be happening again. Code 0715 lit up again. I had to drive the rest of the way on limp mode . I contact my mercedes mechanic and tell him the issues and he's like its most likely going to the the TPS because I guess it controls the way the car's throttle has something to do with changing gears. I do believe that this may be the problem that once I puT A new TPS and reset codes p0123 and p0715 everything will be in running order. Sooo tell me Benzo drivers, what do you think is my best solution?
Old 09-09-2016 | 02:43 PM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

1999 E300TD
I disagree a 07xx fault is a generic fault from the TCU to he ECU to tell the driver there is a problem with the transmission(because OBD are engine emission related and the transmission is not apart of that system)--you need factory or equal software to interrogate the TCU.

The Throttle position sensor is just that has no influence on the 07xx faults,however I would fis the throttle issue quickly!!
Old 09-30-2016 | 02:14 AM

1999 Mercedes Benz CLK320
Stuck in 1st gear?

I recently bought a 99 CLK320. I've read that the car comes with a 722.6xx transmission. I replaced the Tranny gasket and filter. Also put in new fluid.. Long story short, I took it for a ride and it won't shift to 2nd. It goes into reverse and 1st no problem but will not shift to 2nd.

I've read that it could be one of the following.. TCM, ECU, Speed Sensor Control, Gear Shifter & Module, Valve Body, Throttle Position Sensor, or the Conductor Plate, O-Rings on the Conductor Plate Connector. Is there anything else I'm missing?