CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]
View Poll Results: You @ Stuttgart?
Yes! I’m in regardless of cost
33.33%
Only if it’s below $1500 excluding air travel
38.10%
Maybe
23.81%
No way! Why would I want to visit AMG?!
4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

How many would like to visit AMG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up How many would like to visit AMG?

Whilst I’m in Bremen, I thought I might as well get a few contacts together to try and arrange a trip to Stuttgart.

If so, how many people would be interested and at what price???

This would most probably include:
· AMG visit – of course!
· Trip to the Mercedes Museum
· Tour of the S, CL and E-Class factories
· A few days in Stuttgart shopping, visiting places etc.
· Visit to the restoration centre
· Porsche Museum

Will it be worth me trying to organise this?
Old 11-26-2001, 11:05 AM

Forgot to add that this price will include all accommodation and meals whilst your there, as well as coach hire.

This is a non-profit making exercise!

Last edited by Maff; 11-26-2001 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-26-2001, 11:14 AM

'01 E55 AMG - Brilliant Silver (very rare)/ Charcoal, K2a
SHOTGUN!!!

(just in case ... I meant 'riding shotgun' ... ie. sitting up front next to the driver ... not that I was gonna hunt you down or anything like that)

I even have a client who lives in Stuttgart ... so I can write the whole thing off as well!!!

Maff, why does 'Affalterbach' (sp?) come to mind when I think of the location of the AMG factory?
Old 11-26-2001, 11:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would like to visit AMG, but I'd much rather they come to me.
Old 11-26-2001, 11:26 AM

Drew,

Affalterbach is about 45mins away from Stuttgart. However it’s best to stay in Stuttgart when visiting, as there are Mercedes Stars everywhere, test mules running around and near the museum and factories.

Originally posted by Drew
Maff, why does 'Affalterbach' (sp?) come to mind when I think of the location of the AMG factory?
Old 11-26-2001, 01:15 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd be interested but just don't have enough time.
Old 11-26-2001, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
Cool Matt, don't forget to plan on doing....

a Porsche factory and museum tour also. If you include a Weissach tour (and a test ride), then I'll be willing to go over the $1,500 limit anytime! LOL.

Our last to trip Stuttgart was in September, 2000 and stayed at the Graf Zeppellin. My wife and I enjoyed the sights and visited MB and Porsche facilities all over again. She enjoyed the shopping at Kroenigstrasse (?sp).

Old 11-26-2001, 01:28 PM
Out Of Control!

If there's going to be some test driving i might do it!
Old 11-26-2001, 01:53 PM

If this were to go ahead, it would probably be late 1st or early 2nd quarter 2002.

I was thinking about a track day, but didn't post the idea because it may be difficult due to lack of AMG vehicles. I will see what we can do though. I know DC do occasionally loan AMG cars for a short period to very interested parties, but it would take some work!
Old 11-26-2001, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
Cool Matt, 1st week of June would be ....

perfect weatherwise and just before the summer crowd sets in.

The timing would also be perfect for our Scandanavia/Russia cruise on June 8th. Just hoping...... ... for something exciting more to do during our 2002 vacation.

Regards and have a great trip to Germany.
Old 11-26-2001, 02:59 PM

Originally posted by Maff
I was thinking about a track day, but didn't post the idea because it may be difficult due to lack of AMG vehicles. I will see what we can do though. I know DC do occasionally loan AMG cars for a short period to very interested parties, but it would take some work!
Maff,

We (Simon, Adam, Vic, John and myself) are so 'interested', we are in the process of establishing the/an official USA-AMG Owners Club. Maybe on your 'scouting trip' (prior to the one where I'll be riding shotgun) you could get to the right contact person who could help us get the ball rolling.

Thereafter, I would think MB/AMG would be thrilled to welcome the founders ... and of course our Esteemed European Liason/ Event Coordinator/World Class Dreamer (... CL55 AMG F1? ) ... of the first (?) "Official" AMG organization in the States, with open-arms, and hopefully, about a dozen open driver's side doors as well.

Furthermore, we, these loyal and dedicated individuals who, on our own initiative, tireless effort and with un-relenting passion, dedicated our time in a selfless and focused pursuit to proliferate 'THE' Brand ... and who's efforts to date are shadowed only by our committment and resolve to ensure that the legacy that is Mercedes Benz endures .... "Time weathers man, but a Mercedes weathers time."

(OK: I'll be a Founder, AND the V.P. of B/S too).

Or, you can find out who's in charge of 'Guest Relations' at AMG ... take him/her out one night on your 'scouting trip' ... get 'em all liquored-up ... and take a few pics of him/her in a few 'compromising' positions.

Or, you can just ask 'em reeeeeaaaaal nicely!? (but a picture IS worth a thousand words ... or in this case ... a few loaners)

Last edited by Drew; 11-26-2001 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-26-2001, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Talking Absolutely brilliant, Drew. ROTFL!

Still laughing hysterically......
Old 11-26-2001, 04:23 PM

LOL!

We all managed to get plastered last time, including the liaison lady, so there shouldn't be too much trouble the second time around. If I get a contract all drawn up, and then slip it out at the right moment for her to get her hands on (the contract that is) we'll be in there.

Actually, I’ll just ask nicely.
Old 11-26-2001, 04:26 PM

Re: Absolutely brilliant, Drew. ROTFL!

Originally posted by benggolf
Still laughing hysterically......
Thanks Beng ... but the sad truth is I have way too much free time on my hands lately ...
Old 11-26-2001, 04:56 PM

Originally posted by Maff
We all managed to get plastered last time, including the liaison lady, so there shouldn't be too much trouble the second time around. If I get a contract all drawn up, and then slip it out at the right moment for her to get her hands on (the contract that is) we'll be in there.
I can see it now: "Why Maff ... is that a contract in your pocket or are you just happy to see me!"

I'd be happy to draw something up. However, I've always believed that there's nothing like a face to face meet to seal a deal (and in that case, now that I think about it, we'll just have to leave Adam at home)

We're all a pretty impressive bunch of blokes (before happy hour, anyway) both personally and professionally. I think if they met us, broke bread with us, and got to know us on a personal-level (damn, now we've got to leave Vic at home too) ... they'd realize they couldn't have 'hand-picked' better representatives.

Regardless, we're counting on you Maff to make that all-important "first impression". Oh, yeah, you've already been there ... oh well, we'll just have to fall back to 'plan-B' .... bribe 'em!

This sounds like it could be a fantastic trip for all of us. Through this thread, you should get a pretty good idea of the number interested before you leave on your 'scouting trip'.

That way, you'd have a firm number of those of us who are definates to give to the liquored-up-AMG-rep-sitting-on-the-floor- without-a-stitch-of-clothes-putting-the-moves-on-the-stuffed-animal-mounted-on-the-wall-of-the-bar ....

Say "Cheese" !!!
Old 11-26-2001, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Mr. Ambassador:

Appreciate your offer & organizational proprosals.

I was born and have relatives in the Westphalia region, spreche Deutsch and consequently regretfully decline.

I wish you Bon Voyage!

Karl K
Old 11-27-2001, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350, S320, Mini Cooper S
Talking

This is terrific! Hope it comes true.