CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Lorinser DTM kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Lorinser DTM kit

I have called several places in Florida and have had a wide range of quotes for adding the front/rear bumbers, and side skirts. Does anyone know, 1) What I should expect to pay? 2) Is there some shop that someone could recommend. I really appreciate it.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:10 PM

'05 E55
Benzo,

I'm guessing based on my recent DTM bumper install, you can expect anywhere from $1000-$1500 for paint and installation on the whole kit. What's retail on the kit? Like $6k?
Old 03-26-2004, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Originally posted by Daveskee
Benzo,

I'm guessing based on my recent DTM bumper install, you can expect anywhere from $1000-$1500 for paint and installation on the whole kit. What's retail on the kit? Like $6k?
I recently had my DTM bumper repainted, and the bill came out to... remember, this is ONLY for the front DTM bumper, nothing else..... get ready...

$868.06
Old 03-26-2004, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
It's only money, you just have to make more of it.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by theine
HAHA
Old 03-26-2004, 12:57 PM

MB
LOL.. im trying hard here....
Old 03-26-2004, 03:31 PM

Cool UNDER $6K

Originally posted by Daveskee
Benzo,

The new 2004 price on the DTM kit for W208 09/99 on is around $5.8K and for 09/99 earlier, it's $500 cheaper; including all the accessories, such as scissor jack, fog lamps, grills and inserts.

I think for 09/99 up, I will NOT pay over $5.5K. $1K is very reasonable for painting and installation (at least at my buddy's shop). Sorry, Benzo, you are not in CA. :p I hope in FL, they charge about the same. Oh, add an armor protection on so you won't get the chips 6 months later. - I repainted my bumper twice already, such a waste I am going to add the armor protection this time.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

its all good... i didn't have to front the money for the bill anyways...

the dealer scratched my bumper while in service, so they had it repainted & stuff... came back looking better than when it went in for service... they took care of all the rock chips & all...
Old 03-27-2004, 07:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by mmgrad

the dealer scratched my bumper while in service, so they had it repainted & stuff... came back looking better than when it went in for service... they took care of all the rock chips & all...
Ah, good.
My dealer did the same thing, furthermore my amg insert had fallen off and they delivered the car to me with out it. I complaint and had to leave the car another day so they can put a new insert and repaint the spoiler. Now when I take my car to them, my service advisor puts a big sign on the dashboard that says.
"Car lowered, be very carefull"
I guess they don't wan't to keep paying for the insert and re-painting the bumper. :p
Old 03-28-2004, 03:20 AM

MB
Originally posted by mmgrad

==sorry for hijacking==
Jeez Danny and theine, you guys are so lucky. Btw, how bad was the scratch on your bumper? I remembered seeing my car being driven from the parking lot, and they scratched my front bumper (the lower part, you really can't see it unless you squat down). When I talked to my service advisor, the way he was saying things was as if it was a mistake to lower the car, and if you lower the car, they are not responsible for all those scraps.
I am kind of confused on how much I could expect from the dealership.

Solihin
Old 03-28-2004, 07:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Change your service advisor, he is full of c*ap. It's your car and they have no right to damage it. You tell them that if they don't fix it, the next call they'll get is from your lawyer.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:18 PM

MB
Change your service advisor, he is full of c*ap. It's your car and they have no right to damage it. You tell them that if they don't fix it, the next call they'll get is from your lawyer.
Wowww... is it that serious? And btw, Im not sure if I could afford to pay thousands of $ to pay for the lawyer. :-)
So, theine, lets say my front bumper is almost perfect, and one day when I want to pick up my car from the dealership, I notice that there are about 3-5 inches on my bumper full of scratches, can I have my bumper repainted by them?
Old 03-28-2004, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's what I did. I picked up my car and noticed the bumper scratched and the amg insert missing so I mentioned to my service advisor and he took care of it. Remember that when you take your car for service (at least at my dealer) they check the whole car for dings and scratches and you sign a form accepting them. So, if you have none, and when they deliver your car from service you got new ones, who is responsible?.....They are!
Old 03-28-2004, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by hinhin7
==sorry for hijacking==
Jeez Danny and theine, you guys are so lucky. Btw, how bad was the scratch on your bumper? I remembered seeing my car being driven from the parking lot, and they scratched my front bumper (the lower part, you really can't see it unless you squat down). When I talked to my service advisor, the way he was saying things was as if it was a mistake to lower the car, and if you lower the car, they are not responsible for all those scraps.
I am kind of confused on how much I could expect from the dealership.

Solihin
its real hard to get the dealer to admit that they damaged your bumper... you'd need a real good advisor or else they'll just phuk you over...

you could do one of few things...

1.) get a different advisor
2.) have the check-in person thoroughly inspect & write down how much damage is already on the bumper, and make sure you get a copy. Or have the advisor write it down on the service ticket

if there is no proof showing what condition the car was when they brought it in, it will pretty hard for you to prove that a dealer damage a bumper unless there is some proof on paper...

My advisor simply said, "yeah, I don't remember that much damage on the bumper when the car came in... don't worry, we'll take care of it, the dealer will pay for the repairs..."
Old 03-31-2004, 08:23 AM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Thanks alot for all of the input- I have been out of town on business. I think I have decided to finish the upgrades internally (more hp and bigger brakes) before I change the body kit to the Lorinser DTM kit. Maybe that will give me a chance also to find one that is being sold at a great price. I love the way my car looks now and after 6-12 months I can add the kit for a refreshed look. Needless to say if anyone comes across a great deal let me know! It is something I always wanted to add to my other CLK's and never did. Those of you with the package on this board- well done. And the shots that MMGrad posted are stout- especially the black w/out the tinted windows and the DTM kit. I really love the shoes on that car- makes me wish I had stuck to the Lorinser products the whole way around. So fresh and so clean, clean...
Old 03-31-2004, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
Re: UNDER $6K

Originally posted by auto2freak
The new 2004 price on the DTM kit for W208 09/99 on is around $5.8K and for 09/99 earlier, it's $500 cheaper; including all the accessories, such as scissor jack, fog lamps, grills and inserts.

I think for 09/99 up, I will NOT pay over $5.5K. $1K is very reasonable for painting and installation (at least at my buddy's shop). Sorry, Benzo, you are not in CA. :p I hope in FL, they charge about the same. Oh, add an armor protection on so you won't get the chips 6 months later. - I repainted my bumper twice already, such a waste I am going to add the armor protection this time.
got a quick question for yah.....do you know why it would be for the 9/99 manufacturing date and up? Did MB make a change to the the clk's that month?

AL
Old 03-31-2004, 04:30 PM

Re: Re: UNDER $6K

Originally posted by clkal
got a quick question for yah.....do you know why it would be for the 9/99 manufacturing date and up? Did MB make a change to the the clk's that month?

AL
Quite honestly, that's what it says on the old Lorinser cataloge

I think maybe some minor body differences between the 2 models. I consider it as a business excuse to raise the price.:o - Econ major. As a customer, we don't have choice. If we like Lorinser, we still have to buy it.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: UNDER $6K

Originally posted by clkal

AL
seriously, i don't think it matters... they probably all the same..

check the wheelexperts website... their project clk was either a '98 or '99 clk320 and they managed to get a Lorinser model-updated DTM Kit on their car... and it looked great.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:21 PM

'05 E55
Mines a 99 and no problems with the DTM bumper. Simple and easy mods from what I was told.