CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Lowering with spring only

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2004 | 04:41 AM

Lowering with spring only

i want to lower my car by changing the springs to H&R Sports springs

I seen some posts where ppl mention about spring pads, would the springs say what pads I need?

I also remember seeing post where ppl is having problem with their car because they changed their springs only and not the shocks?

any help is appreciated

Old 03-26-2004 | 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
H&R springs will lower your car 1.5" all around, if that is what you wan't you don't need to change the spring pads. Each pad will lower/increase your car height by 8mm, so you can play with them accordingly. If you like the ride with the standard shocks, you can leave them, only they will wear out quicker due to the fact that they are compressed all the time.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by theine; 03-26-2004 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2004 | 01:12 PM

MB
Re: Lowering with spring only

Originally posted by twboy
i want to lower my car by changing the springs to H&R Sports springs

I seen some posts where ppl mention about spring pads, would the springs say what pads I need?

I also remember seeing post where ppl is having problem with their car because they changed their springs only and not the shocks?

any help is appreciated

Yepp, just like theine said, you would wear out your shocks faster than it was supposed to last. Check the classified, I think there is a set of Koni shocks being sold by a forum member here.

You could go for spring pads #1, it will give you a lower ride than if you go with higher # spring pads.