CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Is it possible to use STD V60i to work with built-in voice command option??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it possible to use STD V60i to work with built-in voice command option??

Hi,

I have the Motrola V60 phone w/voice command option but i just got a new standard TDMA V60i color phone (which look much better than the Benz V60 PHONE bigger screen and color)
I was wondering if that is possible i can make my new STD V60i phone to work in the Vocie command option???
May be transfer some parts from old one to new one or i can have someome to modify the new phone to work?

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:19 PM
Almost a Member!

G500
NO.

There are many postings on this one, but almost no matter what car you buy that has a integrated phone system in it will not work the "standard counterpart" phone.

I had BMW with a Motorola Timeport and it was the same story.

Bottomline: Phone companies and auto folks put special software in those phones and then charge exorbanant amounts of money to put the little MB or BMW symbol on it. That's where everyone makes money. The ONLY exception to this rule is that I have heard of some people who actually know how to rewire their cars to get this...but it was a BMW 3 and 5 series with a NOKIA connection...not the standard Timeport.

Sorry.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Re: Is it possible to use STD V60i to work with built-in voice command option??

Originally posted by us_matrix
Hi,

I have the Motrola V60 phone w/voice command option but i just got a new standard TDMA V60i color phone (which look much better than the Benz V60 PHONE bigger screen and color)
I was wondering if that is possible i can make my new STD V60i phone to work in the Vocie command option???
May be transfer some parts from old one to new one or i can have someome to modify the new phone to work?

Thanks.
some phones will work, it seems like a matter of luck, though. It may depend on which service providor your car is wired for and weather your standard v60 happends to have the same software config. as the mercedes phones. Also, you need the slim battery to get it to fit in the cradle (or remove the battery cover)

I got my friend's cingular, non-mb v60 to work in my car and all the functions work perfectly, but some other v60s i tried didn;t work, so, again, its a matter of luck...I know other people on this board got non-mb phones to work in their cars as well (the only other guy i can think of now had a new e-class too, what car do you have??) btw, you may also want to consider a new interface a guy called "mik" is developing that lets you use any brand of phone...do a search for threads started by him, you'll find more info there...

gl