CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Broken plastic trim rear hat deck..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 02:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
W208 CLK320
Broken plastic trim rear hat deck..

I was in need of assistance with the possible part number to replace an aged and broken first aid kit storage flap plastic trim piece. On a CLK320 Coupe with black interior. Mine has broken in two places, I tried to fix it 3 times but at this point due to sun exposure the plastic is brittle, old and repairs do not fair well. I've search on the available MB replacement parts catalogs and have come up empty, only found listings for the entire rear deck cover and nothing for the plastic trim I need. (See attached picture) I was hoping that someone might have a part number or perhaps a method to source the individual part as opposed to buying the whole entire assembly. But the only thing close I have found on an individual basis is parts for the latching, the plastic tub that holds the first aid kit and nothing else. Perhaps someone might have spare trim assembly or one in good shape that they would be willing to part with?
Attached Thumbnails Broken plastic trim rear hat deck..-clk.jpg  

Last edited by device2; 06-21-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-24-2022, 10:07 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
2004 SL55 AMG
I tried hinges BUT the clearance was too tight and not adjustable...I ended up using elastic straps and they work great!