CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Renntech question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Goalie, I am getting this for my C32, not for a CLK... HUGE DIFFERENCE.

...And the C32k is/was NOT a C32 AMG, it was a C320.

Last edited by Accord; 04-17-2002 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-17-2002, 05:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 GL350
I will be getting over 500 hp/tq in my C32 AMG when I am done with Kleemann, and it won't even cost three-quarters as much as it would if I went through Renntech, and I would only be getting 425-450 with Renntech, not 500+.
I will garrantee that you will need a transmission upgrade to handle that power. Folks are already blowing thier tranies with stock 32's. How is Kleemann gonna help you with that?

For the ulimate in MB tunning, no one beats Renntech.

It' will be intresting to see how your car runs compared with the 3.8 SC SLK 6 speed Renntech had at Summit.

Is Kleemann going to put a 6 speed in your car? No.

I hope you see my point here.
Old 04-17-2002, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 mercedes clk coupe
dawm and i though i was a big mb fan

you guys here talk about kleeman rentech brabus

i like the car for its looks and who need 500 hp engine when you really use out in the streets

now tell me why i should upgrade my clk's engine

i see the numbers you r talkin about is it really worth it

i spoke with kleeman people they invited me over to the track (thanks Brad)

maybe then ill change my mind
Old 04-17-2002, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember awhile back, when this board was Mr. Vanos' board. People were saying something about an AMG chip avaliable soon for the CLK 430/320. Is that true? Is there anything i could swap from a CLK55 engine to get me some noticeable hp?
What about getting the Renntech ecu remapping without getting the hi flow air intake...is that possible?
Old 04-17-2002, 06:09 PM

2000 CLK 430
So how does the upsolute chip for the CLK 430 compare to the Renntech one . Other than less money. Is it Renntech or Microsoft?

Thanks
Old 04-17-2002, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Moderators: There is a CONFLICT of Interest here!

Moderators have many functions. One is to be objective, neutral and fair on issues of technical nature, which are discussed/presented in this forum.

Clearly, objectivity is compromised, when moderators become advocates for products and realizing personal gains.

Additionally, moderator's signature cannot be an ad for product promotion benefitting the moderator with commissions. Those ads may seem innocent to some, but they are ADS, sending a message that obviouly lacks objectivity in product selection, irregardless of the quality of product promoted via the moderator's signature.

My suggestion: Where there is the appearance of a conflict of interest, the Moderator should recuse himself and not comment.

If that is not done, this forum will lose its credibility and become a screaming billboard for a couple of moderators product lines.

The following page might enlighten the management of this forum re:

Ethics and Conflict of Interest, by Michael McDonald

http://www.ethics.ubc.ca/mcdonald/conflict.html

My comments are suggestion intended to improve this forum's objectivity and credibility. I have learned of lot here. I am grateful for the help and advice that I've received here from modrators and CLK enthusiasts.

Let's make this forum better!
Your comments are welcome.

Thank you.
Karl
Old 04-17-2002, 07:27 PM

w203 c230K 2002
Originally posted by BroadSt Bully
So how does the upsolute chip for the CLK 430 compare to the Renntech one . Other than less money. Is it Renntech or Microsoft?

Thanks
I can't say anything about the Upsolute chip other than the fact that they claim a 30 hp gain on the a specific car and the dyno that I have seen reflect only an 8 hp gain the RPM gate was no different than before the chip, The Dyno was supplied by a third party so I had nothing to do with it other than reading it.

I know that the Renntech chip changes several different values including the rev limiter, v-max. I’m not sure about the “rennsoft” or “Microtech” connection but you get what you pay for.

Randy
Old 04-17-2002, 11:02 PM
Banned

Renntech slk 32
Originally posted by Mark D.
I remember awhile back, when this board was Mr. Vanos' board. People were saying something about an AMG chip avaliable soon for the CLK 430/320. Is that true? Is there anything i could swap from a CLK55 engine to get me some noticeable hp?
What about getting the Renntech ecu remapping without getting the hi flow air intake...is that possible?
While sifting through the BS, I found a question I can answer.
The computer software takes advantage of the higher are flow of the high flow air box, among other small things it tweeks. If you planned on doing incremental upgrades culminating in the most gain, the Air box should come first, which bolts in nicely and does add some form of visceral plesantry. Later adding the ECU upgrade is a huge improvement. What I am saying is, the ECU should be done in conjunction with the airbox. BTW, I know I can't spell those big words, but a surely know what they mean.