CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Glitch on CD changer...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 02:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320
Glitch on CD changer...

I have this problem for so long: the head unit displays 'CD magazine empty' while the changer had nothing but 6 discs in it. Any suggestions, guys? I know the audio cannot be replaced by aftermarket equipment. That really gives me a headache here.

It all starts out whilst playing a CD, all of a sudden it lost track of it and the machine starts reading every slot of the changer...and says 'empty'. Then, at the end, that 'magazine empty' message pops up. I slotted the magazine in & out several times. It worked for a very short time and that problem came back again. I'm frustrated...
Old 04-27-2004, 06:36 PM

2000 CLK 430 Conv.
This also has happened to me ever since I've had my car (4 years).

Sometimes when I turn off and then back on the car, it fixes the problem. Sometimes it doesn't.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:15 AM

CLK
There has been a post about this problem. Most people resets the changer manually or reincerts the CD changer connector.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK320
Changer

Thanks, Tokomo. I'll give it a try.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:06 PM

I got that error message a few times. I know it may sound stupid, but after reinserting the magazine pretty forcefully (pushing it down firmly), the changer worked fine. My guess is that the triggering mechanism was not recognizing the disc pack.

If that doesn't work, then I would check the connections on radio/comand unit and the changer (fiber optic line).

One more thing, if you are using thicker discs (such as recordables/rewriteables) sometimes they get stuck. Try using thinner commercially recorded discs.

Good luck....