CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Mice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 03:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 W208
Mice

Every spring when I take my car out of winter storage I've had a problem with mice getting into the area of the blower motor/cabin air filter. Now this fall I now I have them in there now. Smells very nasty! 1) Where does the outside air enter the car? How could I screen off this inlet? 2) Which way does the air flow? Through the filter them the blower motor or blower first then filter. I have tried peppermint oil and dryer sheets in the past.
We have a beautiful home out in the country so mice are a mostly painless trade off.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you..
Old 09-21-2017, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 192 Likes on 172 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
A neighbor has had ongoing mice invasions when he stored his SL500, that ranged from building nests in the air intake system to chomping on soy based wiring insulation, insulation etc..

After numerous deterrents failed, last Winter, he parked the car over a tarp and then raised all the sides vertical, sealing off ground access.

This worked for him.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 W208
Thank you

I will definitely try this. I've pulled dead mice out of the cabin air filter area. My recent problem was identified when the passenger door lock was not responding to the key fob and dash button. When I pulled the passenger door sill I found the the yellow pneumatic/vacuum tubing had a big whole chewed through it. This was an easy fix with a short piece of rubber vacuum line. On further inspection I found numerous wires that had significant insulation missing. I need to pull out the rear seats and take apart the dash and center console to locate and remove any remaining critters. Once cleaned up and reassembled I will for sure park my car on a tarp as you suggested.