CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

problem with window and door lock!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problem with window and door lock!!!

Having problem with window and door lock. My car unlocks itself and the windows and sunroof roll all the way down. When the door lock buttons bounce for auto/drive locking function. Does anyone have a similar problem? I took my car to MB of San Diego they couldn't find the problem. Then I took it to Rusnak in LA they can't fix it either. They said maybe is due to my after market pioneer DVD navigation system. But I had it installed for almost two years now. No problem untill these last three months. This week I took it back to MB of San Diego to get it fix. They still could not find out what’s wrong with it on top of that they lost my car key. I have to FedEx my spare one from LA. They said they will pay for the FedEx delivery fee and replace my keys but they have to order it from Germany.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 500
It's definitely a problem that they can address. There is a tech bulletin on it. I have the same problem and it took them 4 tries (2 dealers) to try and fix it. I pick my ride up tomorrow. Hopefully they fixed it or I will need to get a new ride. The car isn't safe to take it anywhere when you have to worry about the windows rolling down.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
It sounds like your regulator might be going out...

Usually, when the door lock regulator is about to go out, the door locks start popping up-&-down like a video game... A good advisor will simple call for a new regulator to see if that corrects the problem.

But its a little weird that both the windows & door locks are failing at the same time... But it could happen...

Btw, when you get your car & new keys back... request that the dealer reprogram your car to ONLY accept the keys that are present (reprogram the system to not recognize the lost key)... Just in case someone at the shop jacked your keys with malicious intentions... just an FYI