CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

430 CLK Locked trunk access?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
430 C L K
430 CLK Locked trunk access?

I am having what appears to be the usual convertible top locked out problems. The rear convertible top latch is only partially locked and I cannot get the trunk open to access the release lever. Is there a way to fully latch and lock the rear convertible locking pin? The metal key, The release button on the interior and the key FOB are all no goes. Is it possible to access the trunk release through the rear seat? Is there a sweet spot behind the license plate to drill out an access hole ? Any and all helpful suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you...
Old 10-10-2017, 07:41 PM

Received 105 Likes on 80 Posts
SL500
The 1st suggestion I'd make is to use the button on the console to raise and lower your rear headrests. More often than not, after raising the rear headrests, when you lower them, it should "secure" a partially engaged rear bow lock. Hopefully this solves your problem without need to go furthur.

What ever you do, DO NOT attempt to Drill out the Lock. It will NOT allow you to gain access.

Read this thread on how your rear trunk lock functions: https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...rill-lock.html

Last edited by Aussiesuede; 10-10-2017 at 07:43 PM.