CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Losing power on acceleration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 230K -99
Losing power on acceleration

Hello, I have clk 230K -99
So the problem is that when accelerating it loses power trough some rpm and then gets the power back and loses again. So basicly the power output is swinging when accelerating.
My own quess is that the MAF is broken or going to brake, because i have cleaned it couple times earlier and that has solved the power output problem, when i had basically zero power and it started to run on 3 cylinders.
I havent had this power swinging problem earlier, and cleaning the MAF didnt help, so is it broke?
Old 12-28-2022, 01:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS55
If you want to rule out the intercooler pump, just perform the cooling system bleed procedure using the inctercooler pump...

Connect a 5/16" hose to the bleed valve, clamp the supercharger line below the bleed valve, and put the other end of the 5/16" hose in the overflow reservoir. Then you go in the trunk and remove the bottom-right relay and short the two vertical slots; this will apply power to the intercooler pump. If you see coolant flowing through the 5/16" hose, then your intercooler pump is not the issue.

Sorry, I know I probably didn't explain that process very well.