CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Air blower fan turns on after ignition off

Old 01-11-2018, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 2001 Coupe Elegance
Air blower fan turns on after ignition off

Hi,

Vehicle: CLK 2001 Elegance 2 door coupe kompressor 195bhp
Recently during the winter months, my cabin air blower was stuck on max air flow with the rotational speed dial not responding even when key was removed. The only way to stop it was to remove fuse #25 which was the air blower fuse.
I recently took out the pollen filter which was soaked, dried everything out, changed the air blower regulator (the resistor under the air blower) and put everything back together again. I also cleaned out the windshield reservoir drain under the bonnet on passenger side which was a little blocked with organic waste and dirt.
The solution semi worked as now I have fan speed control on my air blower, however, after switching off the engine, the air blower again comes on, but at very low speed. Also, when I press air recirculation button on the control panel, it seems to activate and turn up the speed of the air blower. Again, the only way to make it stop is to remove fuse #25. I purchased from what I believe was the same regulator from ebay. I highly doubt the new regulator is faulty? Is there anything else that could be wrong? Any easy way for me to check? I do not have voltometers to check if there is voltage on the cables being supplied when the engine is off. Now with new regulator installed, only when car is turned on, everything works perfectly normal. Every single feature like the problem does not exist.

I have tried removing the instrument panel fuses 19 and 26 whilst ignition is off, that does not stop it either.

Thanks very much for helping.
Stefan