CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Clk w208 odd power problems

Old 02-06-2018, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 200 kompressor w208
Clk w208 odd power problems

Hi guys, i’m new over here as member but reading for a couple of years since i got my mb

I have some strange issues on my CLK and no codes are appearing.

Issue 1. Sometimes idles like crazy going from 500 to 2000 rpm, its hard to break because it can pull a bit.

Issue 2. Sometimes speed limiter isn’t working and i get an error speedtronic visit workshop, when i get that, there is a massive power loss and the metal thing that controls air flow on the charger is stuck at the middle. This usually happends when its a bit cold outside ( below 5 deg celsius )

Issue 3. Rare but anoying, when i flor it over 4000 rpm while on a highway it sometimes lose power and start shaking like crazy and it sounds like a tractor.

Usually all 3 issues are resolved when i just restart the car, except issue #2 that can be present for a couple of days or until temp goes up. Never had it during summer.

I think all issues are somehow connected but i really don’t have a clue what can this be.

I know that MAF is ok, cleaned it and even unpluged it, still the same result.

I hope somebody had a similar set of issues because really need some help to figure rhis out and fix it.

Last edited by stefanue; 02-06-2018 at 07:41 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
I would get a star scan. I bet there is a code in there. Also have your battery tested.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 130 Likes on 97 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
Originally Posted by stefanue
Hi guys, i’m new over here as member but reading for a couple of years since i got my mb

I have some strange issues on my CLK and no codes are appearing.

Issue 1. Sometimes idles like crazy going from 500 to 2000 rpm, its hard to break because it can pull a bit.

Issue 2. Sometimes speed limiter isn’t working and i get an error speedtronic visit workshop, when i get that, there is a massive power loss and the metal thing that controls air flow on the charger is stuck at the middle. This usually happends when its a bit cold outside ( below 5 deg celsius )

Issue 3. Rare but anoying, when i flor it over 4000 rpm while on a highway it sometimes lose power and start shaking like crazy and it sounds like a tractor.

Usually all 3 issues are resolved when i just restart the car, except issue #2 that can be present for a couple of days or until temp goes up. Never had it during summer.

I think all issues are somehow connected but i really don’t have a clue what can this be.

I know that MAF is ok, cleaned it and even unpluged it, still the same result.

I hope somebody had a similar set of issues because really need some help to figure rhis out and fix it.
I would not rule out the MAF, as if you unplugged it the air flap should stop operating as the ECU sees a fault and will also shut down your kompressor