CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Window getting caught on inside track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK430; 2006 C230; 2007 SLK55; 1999 SLK230k
Question Window getting caught on inside track

Hello W208'ers.

My 2000 CLK has a problem that I cant seem to live with any longer (bought it like this, been 'broken' since): The passenger window CAN go down, but get stuck in places on the way up, and needs 'help' with pulling it up and pressing the up button at the same time to fully close.

Let me try to explain the problem as best as possible without pictures (pictures will be added later when i'm back home)
I took the inside door panel off to take a look, and it looks like the window rails inside the door.. there is rubber gasket material cushioning it inside the front rail... well that piece has deteriorated and it looks like the front corner of the window gets caught in the broken sections preventing the window from going up.
If you take the speaker out and all the sound deadening material and look in, you can see the front-most window rail with the rubber gasket material. I suppose its the material that keeps the window from rattling in the frame when the window is down.

My question is: what is the part number for this and is there a guide anyone has to replace this inner gasket material in the window guide rail (inside the door)? it seems to be one piece that goes up and over the tweeter. I've searched the internet all weekend and cant seem to find the name of the part, or the piece on aftermarket websites for sale.
I really don't want to have to buy another door just for this rubber piece (that could deteriorate like this one did).

Note that this does not seem to be related to any part of the window regulator. This is the frame piece the front part of window slides on that goes down the inside of the door. --There is a rubber? material inside this track the window goes down in. --What is this piece???

Last edited by oOh_Its_Grinch; 03-26-2018 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK430; 2006 C230; 2007 SLK55; 1999 SLK230k
Exclamation

Photos are here.

Can you tell me the part number or part name? Bonus if you have installation/removal directions!

Is this A2087271830?

From the photos you can see it goes down into the door.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 97 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
Originally Posted by oOh_Its_Grinch
Hello W208'ers.

My 2000 CLK has a problem that I cant seem to live with any longer (bought it like this, been 'broken' since): The passenger window CAN go down, but get stuck in places on the way up, and needs 'help' with pulling it up and pressing the up button at the same time to fully close.

Let me try to explain the problem as best as possible without pictures (pictures will be added later when i'm back home)
I took the inside door panel off to take a look, and it looks like the window rails inside the door.. there is rubber gasket material cushioning it inside the front rail... well that piece has deteriorated and it looks like the front corner of the window gets caught in the broken sections preventing the window from going up.
If you take the speaker out and all the sound deadening material and look in, you can see the front-most window rail with the rubber gasket material. I suppose its the material that keeps the window from rattling in the frame when the window is down.

My question is: what is the part number for this and is there a guide anyone has to replace this inner gasket material in the window guide rail (inside the door)? it seems to be one piece that goes up and over the tweeter. I've searched the internet all weekend and cant seem to find the name of the part, or the piece on aftermarket websites for sale.
I really don't want to have to buy another door just for this rubber piece (that could deteriorate like this one did).

Note that this does not seem to be related to any part of the window regulator. This is the frame piece the front part of window slides on that goes down the inside of the door. --There is a rubber? material inside this track the window goes down in. --What is this piece???
I had this problem, I was going to replace the whole rubber but it was a chore, so in the end found that applying a little superglue to hold the rubber back did the trick !