CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

anyone know how to get rid of crazy glue without scratching the paint?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK500
anyone know how to get rid of crazy glue without scratching the paint?

anyone know how to get rid of crazy glue without scratching the paint? I accidently spilled some ontop of the hood when I was attaching this flat hood emblem, because it had fallen off before so I stupidly thought well crazy glue will work, without any second thought I put it on but needless to say it spilled on the front of the hood. I nearly passed out when I spilled it but I had to act quickly and wipe it off. I tryed getting most of it out but there is still a faint haze. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I heard using a blow dryer would heat it up enough to get rid of it.

Oh and now i know why mercedes paint jobs caust so much, i scratched the glue off and damn, I was totally impressed on how good the paintjob stood up to the constant stratching. thanx.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
bad benz driver
Old 05-21-2004, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
wait, so, do you still needa remove the glue, or is it off already???

there is also a crazy glue remover, but, i'm not sure how safe it is on paint though...

try also using a detail clay... they have professional grade clays that can remove paint overspray, and it may prove to be effective on something like this also. its worth a try...
Old 05-22-2004, 01:38 AM

2003 CLK Convertible
The substance to remove all types of (CA) glues AKA super glue is called debonder. It is a clear thin liquid. I would use a Q-tip to place just a small bit on the glue, it has to be worked in to the glue, so I would rub with the Q-tip and try to work it off. I would also keep using a new Q-tip with some debonder everytime you rub a little off. It costs about $3.99 and is available at hobby shops. A couple of brands to ask for are ZAP by Pacer, Hot Stuff by Satellite City or debonder by Bob Smith Industries. They should not harm your finish if used with caution. Good luck...PS, next time you need super glue (CA) most hobby shops sell it in thin (regular super glue) as well as medium, thick and gel super glues.