CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Clk 230 project need a litte tuning advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 230 1999/12
Clk 230 project need a litte tuning advice

Hi!
My name is viktor and im from Hungary.
First of all i would like to thank the people here because without this forum the cost of my build would be in the highest heights.
I own a 1999/12 clk 230 the facelift version but the motor is still the older type with the maf far away from the throttle body and a slightly other air intake system setup. When i bought it it has came with a 230mm crank pulley and a chip, which i think was an optimising for the crank pulley and the muffler.
The guy claimed that it was 240 hp which i think was 220 or 230 at best.
Since then i have done a few mods:
first was an intercooler mod i took a w209 cdi intercooler and mounted on.
Second was supercharger mod it has been rebuild, then ported on inlet and outlet also and had the original clutched pulley machined only to a tiny bit from 93mm to 87 mm if i know it correct was just 6 mm because of the oversized pulley. The guy how did it told me tought it is possible to let it run up to 18000 rpm with proper maintence.
Then custon 63mm exhaust with end muffler , short stainless steel headers.
After the headers installed the car gone rough at idle, then i added a 4.0 bar fpr, went better but not the best.
then i installed a custom made cold air intake system with every oem hose changed to t304 63mm pipeing.
I know aluminium is better for heat but sadly in my city or nearby this can not be done or if it can be its cost a fortune.
I have then reseted everything battery off for 20 min.
Throttle body reset , supercharger bypass valve reset.
Now i can say it runs good you can drive normally but its heating up a bit in traffic.
I would like to ask for help about maximum boost ever done on a clk with stock eaton m62.
And i would like to give a bigger injector set also but i dont know where to start from this i have found very few things around. Im thinking about 330cc since the original is 295 cc if i know correctly and the eaton m 62 specs says 10psi max boost thats about good because i run mine on 0.6-0.7 bar thats 8-9 psi roughly.
Here are some pics.
Thank you!

Old 07-01-2018, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 230 1999/12
Oh yes i have forgot.
The other thing im curios about that i have checked the clk 430 74mm throttle body can be installed on the 230 , you have to make a custom holder bracket but it can be done. The question is would that be to much for the system? How bigger injectors you would need and will the throttle body manifold survive it, because this is made out of plastic and the others on the 320 and 430 are metal if im correct.
Thank you!