CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Lights are on...and nobody's home

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 11:33 AM

Received 30 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Rolls Royce Wraith, 1999 CLK Cabriolet, 2023 Genesis G90
Lights are on...and nobody's home

Hello, everyone:

I have a 99 CLK cabriolet that has only 38,000 miles on it. It's a garage queen, and looks brand new. I usually keep it in the garage on a trickle charger and drive it once a month. After the most recent outing, I forgot to connect the charger and it consumed the battery completely. The battery had been replaced 6 months ago and was still under warranty. I called Roadside and they came out and switched out the battery. The problem is that when the new battery is connected, the parking lights, side marker lights and fog lights all turn on, and stay on, even with the light switch in the off position. The car starts and runs without any problem, and the light switch turns the remainder of the lights on, also intensifying the ones already on, but as soon as I shut the car off, the aforementioned lights stay on. I tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours and reconnecting it, but the problem persists. In order to protect the new battery and the lights, I have disconnected the battery altogether. Does anyone know why this is happening? Please help.
Thanks.