CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Newbie with first mod (intake)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2004 | 06:05 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK 320
Newbie with first mod (intake)

Hey everyone I've lurked for a while but i thought it was time for me to finally post. I owned a W202 for a couple of years and just got a 99 CLK 320. I'm loving it but I think it is time to start modding. I purchased an intake off ebay from this online store.

http://www.globalautoshop.com/access...ns/clk_208.htm

It is the B & B performance cold air intake. The stock CLK intake seemed pretty restrictive and I expect some performance boost even if it is not the 10% they claim. I haven't seen this specific part discussed anywhere so it may be new to the market. B & B is known for making after market parts for Porsches among oter things. My friend with a 944 said their stuff was quality.

Anyways I'll let you know how it goes; it should arrive this week.
Old 06-03-2004 | 12:14 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK 320
Update:

I recieved it today but had problems installing it because some mounting pieces were missing. I've emailed the company, and hopefully they get back to me soon. I did attach it temporarily through improvisation (and a trip to pep-boys) and let me tell you it sounds great. Better than I could of imagined. It has a deep and throaty growl that comes to life only when I really accelerate, so it is not obnoxious. As to the horespower increase, I can feel some but my *** is hardly a dyno test.
Old 06-03-2004 | 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
B & B intake claims 10%? So, you should be seeing a 20hp+ gain?

I could get a 30hp+ gain? With no other mods?

Sounds too good to be true