CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

My recommendation for the clk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My recommendation for the clk

Ive tried this wiper blade since January and it stills perform like day one. I cannot believe how much better this blade is compared to stock or any of the others Ive tried. Try it and you''ll be thanking me later....they last 5 years quaranteed. Make sure they send you the adapter that mounts from on top of the wiper arm.

http://www.silblade.com/
Old 06-10-2004, 01:46 PM

2001 CLK 430 Silver
Did you get regular or the ultra?
Old 06-10-2004, 03:29 PM

get the regular cause its all black...ultra has different color combinations. I quess you can match your car...I dont know how it would look. I got black

another great thing that I forgot to mention the wiper makes no noise whatsoever...its the wiper blade that belongs on a Mercedes. I just cant believe they dont come stock and save the headache of changing them every 6 months.

they clean better, make zero noise, last longer,

Last edited by lou430; 06-10-2004 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:22 PM

C350
thanks for the tip lou. I also ordered the city lights you recommended the other day. They look pretty good on your car lets hope they're gonna last and not fade fast.. As for your suggestion concerning wheel size I agree with you, but I wouldn't think the 17's would have such a problem with an upgraded suspension. The Michelin Sports aren't bad either. You have the sport ones or the allweather? Do you happen to have any photos with the kleemann suspension and 17's on? I would love to see that. I wouldn't mind a .75 lowering at all but I'm afraid Kleemann is reffering to european cars which I think are already lower than ours. I wouldn't mind upgrading to 18's but spending the money for the suspension plus installation I may wait a little for new wheels. And I would do sway-bars or the pullies first. Anyways I don't understand the obsession Americans have with 19's 20's or the bigger wheel it can be. I prefer everything to look porpotional and 19's don't think are for the 208clk body. Just my opinion
Old 06-10-2004, 08:52 PM

C350
Actually I think you have the pilot sports from the pictures.. Can you also tell us which pads you use? In my list of upgrades I would add a chip but most probably I will do everything after the service that comes in 2-3k miles. I have never experienced how MB service treats the customers that have upgrades. Just bought the car a few months ago and the only upgrade yet is the flat emblem and the city bulbs that are on route. First Benz I ever had. 2002 clk430 Black/charcoal coupe with 30k something miles. I already have a small problem with radio volume going up or down by itself. Will post pics when suspension is on...
Old 06-10-2004, 09:39 PM

Hi Themis,

Hope these pics help

this pic is with stock 17" wheels and Eibach springs and Koni yellows

here are pics with Kleemann springs and Kleemann adaptive dampers

here is the stock suspension with my HREs 547

the ride height is not evident in the pictures but in person it does look lower....and the ride is totally different.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:18 AM

C350
thank you for the pics lou. I bet it rides much better with the Kleemann. It better.... I 'll keep my wheels for the moment but if I decide to take 100mph curves I may reconsider
I am cautious with lowering cause already I barely make it through my garage. And have you ever felt that you can't see anything if you are driving with 3 Suv's around you, especially going through a traffic light. Everybody has a huge monster Suv here in Florida. Not that lowering my car an inch will change anything, was driving a Porsche before. Driving is getting real dangerous down here in Miami with all these big monsters driven by drunken idiots when they are on the cell. At least in NY people have more brains, or I should say better driving skills even if they are more psychotic...