CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Mileage conscious CLK owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 430
Unhappy

and I thought I had problems
Old 09-26-2002, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
i plan to keep my CLK for a good number of years as i scraped and saved to get this car.... so on the other end of the spectrum, how many of you here have high mileage CLKs?

I'm talking approx 50,000 plus, and do you plan on selling the car?

Ahmed and gareeb, i know you two have quite high miles on your cars. are they keepers for you two?
Old 09-26-2002, 04:09 PM

Location: Satellite Beach, Florida ( one hr. due West of Disney World)
2000 CLK 430 Cab w/Ash/Dark ash leather and Ash top : all options
Talking 27,000 carefree miles and loving it!

I'm really sad and surprised to hear about so many problems that other CLK owners are having with their cars.
I own a 2000 CLK 430 Cab, which I took delivery on Dec. 14'99, and other than a couple of problems with my command unit, I haven't had one bit of trouble of problems; in fact, this is the 12 conv. I've owned in my lifetime, and I'm still amazed at the lack of noise of any kind in my car, even at high speed, which is saying a whole lot for a "rag-top"! It never leaks in the rain, gives me 24 MPG on trips (average 75MPH) is the finest long distance touring car that I've owned.
I'm 55, and I've been into cars since I was old enough to have a learner's permit, and at one time in my career, I worked as a photogrpher for a major auto magazine in which I had access to a dozen different cars at once to drive on a daily basis, along with my own personal cars through the years.
I still get a grin on my face everytime I drive my Cab, and I drive it as a daily auto unless I have to haul something, at which time I take my wife's ML 320. Now her car does have some air leaking around the door seals, but not anything like I experienced in the past with some of the my own conv. sport cars.

I would love to own a new SL55, but it's going to be a few more years before I'll be ready to do that due to this economy, and in the mean time, I'm just having a great time with my CLK Cab, and I wish everyone had the luck that I've had with a problem free automoble.

Just my 2 cents, as not all CLK owners have any problems with their cars, I feel.

Jim
Old 09-26-2002, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Used to be a CLK430
Hey guys, nice discussion on the 'reliability' of a MB...my parents grew up in East Africa, Tanzania to be exact where the roads weren't paved and the temps reached 125 degrees for 7 months out of the year. According to my father, there is not a more reliable car than a Mercedes. Do your scheduled maintenance, drive it hard, and it will last you 300K!! Vehicles like these are not investments, they are toys, enjoy it for what it's worth...just my .02
Old 09-26-2002, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Re: Mileage conscious CLK owner

Originally posted by BroadSt Bully
Is anyone else here mileage conscious like myself?
My 2000 CLK 430 has 25k miles.
Should I be nervous about putting miles on this fine automobile?

THANKS

I am currently putting about 500-600 miles per month on my '02 CLK55. I never drive it to work, just for pleasure.

I suppose I need to drive it a little more.....ROAD TRIP!

The cars will last, if you take care of them. I wouldn't worry too much about mileage....drive and enjoy.

Chappy

p.s. My '91 300CE has over 170,000 miles (daily driver). Still solid as a rock! Just maintain the car properly
Old 09-27-2002, 12:57 AM

Ahmed

What do the Dealer do with your driver's seat's squeaking noise?
what was the problem??
Old 09-27-2002, 01:13 AM

My CLK320 has the following problems, it's a 2002 model (almost 1 year old now)

1. windshield wiper does't even wipe clean, replaced with a new one
2.Both windows, left and right, makes squeaking noises when it rolls up and down (lubricated)
3.sunroof makes squeaking noises,too (lubricated)
4. Squeaking noises coming from somewhere in the middle interior, when brakes, accelerated, and turning. Still trying to fix that with the dealship right now. Had to go in twice already.
5.ESP BAS sensor went on (faulty wiring) (replaced)
6Stereo displays that I do not have a CD changer (Had to replace the cd changer with a new one)

I also saw quite a few ppl has problem with squeaking noises. For those who had the problem solved or fixed. What was the problem?

I'll post the cause of my squeaking noises in the interior as soon as i get it fixed.