CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Keys in boot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
merc clk 320 1999 model
Keys in boot

Hi guys love the club/forum just recently joined 1st time merc owner 1999 clk 320 silver beautiful car...until I locked my keys in the boot and don’t have any spare keys do have access to the cab please help guys
Old 07-10-2019, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 196 Likes on 175 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
You can get yourself back into the cabin, by inserting a stiff wire with a hook on the end, between rubber molding and window, to unlock and interior door handle.

However, as a security design feature, this will set off the vehicle theft alarm and you will not be able to open the boot with the center console release switch. Note: removing fuse(s) will shut off the alarm).

Then using the same wire and hook, you should be able fish out your FOB from the boot, though openings you'll find after removing either the seat back or convenience accessories (e.g. 1st aid kit).

Alternatively, you could just have a MB dealership make a spare FOB using your VIN.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes 320 clk convertible w208
Keys in boot

Hi I did this all you have to do is release the bonnet and on the passenger side next to the wing near the top you see a little black box with a lid that pops up you Connet the jump leads to this and the metal part of the car to ground it and the other two ends plus and minus to a battery once connected and dash interior lights come on uae the boot switch by gear stick to unlock the boot hope this helps