CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Sunroof is insubordinate! Stupid little...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Sunroof is insubordinate! Stupid little...

This has happened quite a bit to warrant a thread and to see if anyone else has this problem and possibly a solution. While driving sometimes with the sunroof open, when I go to close it, it only closes half way and then stops. It will not respond to any forward/backward toggles, so I have to use the tilt function which coincidently only re-opens the roof. Then, only the close tilt button closes the roof, but only 1/8th of the way shut. THEN the close button actually OPENS the stupid thing. Anyway, after a bout 10 minutes and multiple combinations, it finally closes. What the heck is going on?? Is there a recall on the sunroof components? Aye, I don’t want to open that thing again….

Thanks for letting me vent..
Old 07-12-2004, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
same crap happened to my sunroof. Look in the manual and it will show you how to "reset" the sunroof. It's been a while, but i believe you open the sunroof all the way and leave the switch clicked back for 10 seconds, then everything will be back to normal. I'm not 100% sure on this, but just check your manual =)

good luck
Old 07-12-2004, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Originally Posted by clkal
same crap happened to my sunroof. Look in the manual and it will show you how to "reset" the sunroof. It's been a while, but i believe you open the sunroof all the way and leave the switch clicked back for 10 seconds, then everything will be back to normal. I'm not 100% sure on this, but just check your manual =)

good luck

Interesting. I'll give it a shot! I'll even close it all the way and hold it for 10 seconds as well to cover all my bases.

BTW, impressive list of cars you have there in your signature! You and I have the same exact taste!! Except, you must be smarter and richer to afford that line-up. Seriously though, I've always wanted to own every single one of those. Pretty cool man.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
Originally Posted by clkal

good luck
that happened with my drivers side window and mercedes roadside had me do something similar like holding the window switch down for 10 seconds to reset the window
Old 08-22-2004, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430 - Magma RED, 1999
seen this before ,,, regularly

I have this issue quite often. According to my mechanic it can be caused due to some monir obstruction in the rails, resetting helps. Also, humid and dusty environemnts .. aka Houston,, TX seems to cause it to choke up and then magically it works the next day.