CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

New CLK 430 owner washers not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK 450
New CLK 430 owner washers not working

I love this little car so far. 70K on it. I bought it on October. The only thing wrong with it so far, is the windshield washer pump is not working? It has fluid in it but the pump is not cycling. I know this is seems like a silly? Start with the fuse I guess and make sure its getting power; if it is then I would guess the pump itself is shot? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. Did I mention that I love this little car. I cant believe how many features it has on it for an 01'. Had it out with the top down today and remembered that it has heated seats
Old 02-25-2020, 04:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 250 Likes on 229 Posts
'99 CLK/05 E500 WAG
Originally Posted by lance1586
I love this little car so far. 70K on it. I bought it on October. The only thing wrong with it so far, is the windshield washer pump is not working? It has fluid in it but the pump is not cycling. I know this is seems like a silly? Start with the fuse I guess and make sure its getting power; if it is then I would guess the pump itself is shot? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. Did I mention that I love this little car. I cant believe how many features it has on it for an 01'. Had it out with the top down today and remembered that it has heated seats
Seems likely the washer motor needs replacing. You may have to pull back liner on passenger side wheel well for access. Try you tube for videos and interweb on how to's.
The following users liked this post:
lance1586 (02-25-2020)
Old 03-04-2020, 05:06 PM

2001 CLK 450
Another quick ?

I have only two minor gripes with this car thus far, and for that I feel blessed! That said they both bother me, so here goes:

1) The passenger window has a mind of its own and refuses to go up all the way. I roll it up, it opens about a half inch, erey time It drives me crazy. Feels like theres a sensor in weatherstrip at the top of the glass? could this be the culprit, or just live with it and dont hit a car wash or rainstorm

2) The rear view mirroe jiggles around like crazy and is, apparently, securely mounted. Seems like somethihg internal is loose. Its just that its such a bad *** solid driving little car that I absolutely love! So, these little notnoid things are more bothersome than if it was just a little pos bucket.

Any input would be appreciated!
Old 03-14-2020, 03:12 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by lance1586
I have only two minor gripes with this car thus far, and for that I feel blessed! That said they both bother me, so here goes:

1) The passenger window has a mind of its own and refuses to go up all the way. I roll it up, it opens about a half inch, erey time It drives me crazy. Feels like theres a sensor in weatherstrip at the top of the glass? could this be the culprit, or just live with it and dont hit a car wash or rainstorm

2) The rear view mirroe jiggles around like crazy and is, apparently, securely mounted. Seems like somethihg internal is loose. Its just that its such a bad *** solid driving little car that I absolutely love! So, these little notnoid things are more bothersome than if it was just a little pos bucket.

Any input would be appreciated!
Have you resynched the window? Raise the window (not auto..up) ...when you get it to the top, hold the switch for 5 seconds...most of the Benz limit controls are done the same way

re: rear view mirror...try this
https://www.benzworld.org/threads/he...irror.2838993/
Old 03-14-2020, 07:17 PM

2001 CLK 450
Thanks for the info. That’s exactly what so was looking for! I know it seems like petty gripes but the car is so perfect except these little nitnoid things! Can’t wait for a sunny day to tackle these projects