CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Top and windows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
430 CLK convertible 2001
Top and windows

Hey guys thanks for the add I have a 2001 CLK 430 convertible when I put the top down and put the windows down while car is running top will work going back up and windows will work going back up as soon as I shut the key off start car back up have no power windows and no top power everything stops working disconnect battery let it sit for a few minutes reconnect start car back up top of work and windows will work again as soon as I shut key off again top will not work and neither will Windows have any of you ever had this problem had 6 malfunctions on the dashboard trunk lock was broken replace that got rid of two malfunctions now it's still pops up as for I know there are lots of switches and fail-safes on the stop I'm hoping somebody has encountered this problem before and nose how to fix this problem thanks guys I would appreciate any input
Old 03-03-2020, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 192 Likes on 172 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
Andrew......I'm quite familiar with the operation of the power roof system.

Operation does not only depends on operation of the power roof operation, that cyclically fallows a number of limit switches, but that the the roof controller also uses CanBus digital messages and voltage encoding.

Therefore your start, no start battery, must be greater than 11 volts for your vehicle not to throw a soft or hard diagnostic trouble code (DTC)

Note: Most N52 power roof controllers are soft, reboots and clears upon key off and/or or disconnection of vehicle battery

If you really seek assistance, you should have included the diagnostic trouble codes.

Hint:
Your relevant trouble codes are only available via the diagnostic connector in the engine bay diagnostic connector, which also has the ability to read the MB protocol for the W208/A208.