CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

DIY: DVD music/slideshow and Bluetooth in one.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 12:55 AM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
1998 CLK 320
DIY: DVD music/slideshow and Bluetooth in one.

Hi guys,

I came up with something I think is pretty cool, so I thought I'd share.

I installed a new Kenwood DD touchscreen DVD player in my car and I wanted to make the display a bit more personal, so I did the following:

I've been using Windows Movie Maker since it came out, but it couldn't do everything I needed it to, so the workaround I came up with (in case anyone wants to do this) is to use Movie Maker to create a "music video" (pics of your choice + a music track). Make as many "music videos" as you want, then use S/W to create the DVD (using those videos). I ended up going with https://www.dvdstyler.org/en/ to make the actual DVDs (it's completely free/open source and quite easy to use).

That way each video will show up as a "title/chapter/etc." so the "next/FF" button will make the DVD work just like a regular CD/MP3 player - instead of one really long DVD video.

This works great in the car, because I can use the DVD to simultaneously play music and a photo slideshow (**eye's on the road when driving**).
It's way better than the lame factory background AND it also keeps my Bluetooth connected to my phone while the DVD plays (which saves cell battery life).
I tested it today and the phone will still interrupt the DVD, so I lost zero Bluetooth functionality. It's as close to perfect as I could possibly ask for.......and way better than I thought I could do.

Here's a sample:

Hopefully this helps someone.
The following users liked this post:
Mitra43 (04-15-2020)