CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK430 top problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK 430 Cabriolet
CLK430 top problems

I have a 2003 CLK cabriolet that I bought with the top not working. The top will now open and store but will not close back. I can manually close the top. I am stumped as to why it will not close! I have replaced the rear bow lock and cylinder, the case covering lock cylinder, checked connections and wiring, replaced fluid to the pump, checked relays by swapping with fuel pump relay. Any thoughts from anyone?
Old 07-02-2020, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes 2003 CLK430 Convertible
Originally Posted by Chris Olds
I have a 2003 CLK cabriolet that I bought with the top not working. The top will now open and store but will not close back. I can manually close the top. I am stumped as to why it will not close! I have replaced the rear bow lock and cylinder, the case covering lock cylinder, checked connections and wiring, replaced fluid to the pump, checked relays by swapping with fuel pump relay. Any thoughts from anyone?
Hello Chris,
I have been messing around with my top problems for a couple of weeks and tried swapping the relays as you describe. This did NOT work for me either, BUT a brand-new relay did work. So, I do not think the swapping of these relays is a good test or troubleshooting step. New ones are cheap, try that.
Best,
Nils