CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Window and soft top problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK 430
Window and soft top problems

My passenger side window fuse keeps blowing. Sometimes all the windows won’t work until I disconnect the battery. Any ideas??
Old 06-30-2020, 05:54 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
CLK 230 Convertible 1999
What a pain that must be. Especially when it gets to winter.

How sure are you that it is the passenger door window motor.

if so, I would consider replacing the passenger door motor, which looks like quite a faff.

The good news is that there are loads of these in scrappies and junk yards so it needn't break the bank.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:21 AM

2002 CLK 430
Originally Posted by Mercnotworking
What a pain that must be. Especially when it gets to winter.

How sure are you that it is the passenger door window motor.

if so, I would consider replacing the passenger door motor, which looks like quite a faff.

The good news is that there are loads of these in scrappies and junk yards so it needn't break the bank.
every time I roll my passenger window up or down the fuse blows each time. I went threw many fuses. I’m happy to hear the window motor can be found at junkyards.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:51 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
CLK 230 Convertible 1999
Actually, there are couple of checks you could to before going the extreme of replacing the motor.

Firstly, swap over the window switches. If the Driver's door fails in the same way, then simply replace the switch.

Secondly, remove door panel and try putting some fused current up the motor.if the fuses still blow, then you need to replace the motor.

This video is excellent instruction for removing door panel except it is much easier to remove the door seat switch from the rear when the panel is removed

David

The following users liked this post:
NRsouth914 (07-08-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 02:44 AM

2002 CLK 430
Originally Posted by Mercnotworking
Actually, there are couple of checks you could to before going the extreme of replacing the motor.

Firstly, swap over the window switches. If the Driver's door fails in the same way, then simply replace the switch.

Secondly, remove door panel and try putting some fused current up the motor.if the fuses still blow, then you need to replace the motor.

This video is excellent instruction for removing door panel except it is much easier to remove the door seat switch from the rear when the panel is removed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCqnYoc_9nw

David
thanks a lot man will do!