CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

430 Cab window and stereo problems....can't figure it out...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 430 Cab window and stereo problems....can't figure it out...

Every time i put up my top, and then try and roll my windows back up, the front ones go all the way up, and then descend 2 inches. I have restarted the car several times, and tried different techniques of rolling them up, but I get the same problem every time. One way I have found to fix it (at least tonight) is to open the doors, then roll up the windows. Should I feel stupid for being upset that my 55k Luxary convertable requires pampering as though it was a weak microsoft program? Any help on that would be great.

Also, Sometimes the car won't play the music from the CD changer in the trunk. It will definantly recognize the CD, and looking at the display, one would think the music would be coming out of the speakers, but nothing actually does. A quick restart of the car solves these problems, but theres nothing like starting and restarting a car over and over to get things to work in a parking lot to make you look like a chump! I am going to be going to the dealer, but honestly, is there anything they can do? IT appears to me as though its nothing but shotty engineering, which is a sad thing to say about expensive benzes.....

Don't get me wrong, I love the car, and have been a Benz enthusiast since I started out driving an 84 300SD, but it troubles me that my 218K 300SD operates with less flaws than my 2001 CLK 430 Cab with 26k . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. Sorry if the answer to these problems were posted elsewhere, I had difficulty finding it using the forum's search features.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
AMG
Look here for some ideas on the window fix....

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...window+problem

Can't help you on the CD changer....sorry.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:04 PM

Thanks for the help, didn't know it was such a common problem, I'll try resetting them, and if not take it to the dealer for a new regulator.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:47 PM

2001 clk430
i have nav on mine. but the nav cd is stuck inside and wont detect it or eject it. what can be the problem and how much to fix??? please help
Old 12-04-2009, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 196 Likes on 175 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
The power windows have a safety feature (e.g. if the window hits an obstruction while closing, such as a child's hand, it will reverse direction).

After closing the roof, sometimes the alignment of the channel the window goes into, is slightly off.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 CLK430
Originally Posted by Serndipity
The power windows have a safety feature (e.g. if the window hits an obstruction while closing, such as a child's hand, it will reverse direction).

After closing the roof, sometimes the alignment of the channel the window goes into, is slightly off.
Do you all know that the original post is over 5yrs old?