CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

ECU, EIS Swap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Clk320
ECU, EIS Swap

So, my EIS finally went out on my 2000 W208 CLK320. I was looking on ebay for the ECU, EIS, Key, and steering lock "kit" to get it back on the road; So far, I have been able to find a couple that share the same engine as my car but not once that is the exact same model as mine. Among the options, I found a couple other W208's with different engines and different ECU part numbers, a W210 E320 with the same engine but different ECU, and lastly, (what I think somehow has the best chances) I was able to find one that supposedly comes from a C280 Sport , however, it matches the part number for the ECU. Would this work even if it is from a different model? I really don't want to spend the $2000 dollars the stealership wants just to get the parts, plus, the "kit" from the C280 is only 200 dollars.

Additional information: The EIS is indeed broken, one of the chips inside shorted out and there was no way of saving it; at first I considered just buying another EIS and switch over the chip from mine to a good unit but it was precisely one of these chips that went out.
ECU Part number for my car is A 026 545 66 32

I looked at all the threads that I could but I could not find the specific answer I'm looking for. Any help, input, or advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Ponyelrudo101; 08-24-2021 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2000 Clk320
Originally Posted by Ponyelrudo101
So, my EIS finally went out on my 2000 W208 CLK320. I was looking on ebay for the ECU, EIS, Key, and steering lock "kit" to get it back on the road; So far, I have been able to find a couple that share the same engine as my car but not once that is the exact same model as mine. Among the options, I found a couple other W208's with different engines and different ECU part numbers, a W210 E320 with the same engine but different ECU, and lastly, (what I think somehow has the best chances) I was able to find one that supposedly comes from a C280 Sport , however, it matches the part number for the ECU. Would this work even if it is from a different model? I really don't want to spend the $2000 dollars the stealership wants just to get the parts, plus, the "kit" from the C280 is only 200 dollars.

Additional information: The EIS is indeed broken, one of the chips inside shorted out and there was no way of saving it; at first I considered just buying another EIS and switch over the chip from mine to a good unit but it was precisely one of these chips that went out.
ECU Part number for my car is A 026 545 66 32

I looked at all the threads that I could but I could not find the specific answer I'm looking for. Any help, input, or advice is greatly appreciated.

There are 3rd parties out there that can still can repair broken modules. They just need your VIN. In case the repair fails they will replace the module and reprogram to your vehicle specs for little bit more. My module cost me about $400 after a failed repair. That's still cheaper by $1200 than dealer. Check out Module Experts or G7 Computers.