CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

H&R and spring pad setup!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 55 AMG
H&R and spring pad setup!

What is the most popular spring pad setup combo with the H&R spring setup.

I am ready to order my springs and bilstein shocks but I need to know what size spring pads to get from dealer. Thanks
Old 09-16-2004, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
There is no definitive answer here...

as most all cars will vary a bit. Also, you don't mention if it's a coupe or a convertible, or how many miles on your OE springs/shocks. Best theory, for me at least, is to go to the dealer and order some 1,2, and 3 dot pads for the front and the rear.They are not terribly expensive, and a few dollars is a small price to pay to make sure you get it right. Once you get your OE stuff off, and see what's on there, and how it's working out, it will be easier to make a decision. Also a good idea to measure the car front and rear before dis-assembly, and a picture or two wouldn't hurt. That being said, with Bilsteins and H&R, I'd probably go a notch down from the OE pads, maybe two in the front depending on your driving style and the amount of care you take. Just my .02....