CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2001 CLK430 oil leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK430
2001 CLK430 oil leak

Hello everyone. We just bought a 2001 CLK430 with 40K miles. Bought it, drove it home and it has been sitting in the garage for a week while I performed light maintenance on the car: air and cabin filters, brake fluid, etc. This morning I was leaving the garage and noticed a large oil leak on the garage floor. I jacked the front end, confirmed that the fluid was oil and also noticed a second fluid dripping from the underside of the car. This second fluid was clear, had no discernible smell and seemed to be water. The second fluid only started dripping when the front end was elevated.

Has anyone experienced this sort of problem before? I've never owned a Mercedes before. My wife has a 2001 BMW 330ci and those cars will commonly develop oil leaks from the oil pan gasket. I was wondering is this is something similar with the CLK...although the BMW never leaked THAT much oil! Is it the oil pan leaking. I have yet to get under the car and zero in on the origin of the leak. I was just looking for some starters from anyone who might have had similar issues. Well, thanks very much in advance!