CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Newbie with a. W208 No crank issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2022 | 09:37 AM

2001 CLK430
Newbie with a. W208 No crank issue

I’ve read all the threads relating to this issue and still am lost. I’m new here so any help with this issue would be most appreciated. The one person that I read had almost the same symptoms fixed his problem when he replaced his TCU. Unfortunately the transmission gear indicator display on the dash recognizes which gear it’s in and displays it where his did not. So backstory… my key broke, lost the spare and 6 months later i had a key made finally and it wont start the car. Found my spare a week later and it gives me the same results. the keys unlock the steering and everything turns on/lights up. the battery is fully charged,(14.2) the starter is good. I touched the solenoids input with a hot 12v wire and it turned the car over. Still nothing from the key. after the initial clicks and such after turning the key to position #3 theres nothing. when i then turn the key to position #4 theres no clicks no sounds no dimming of lights, no nada. ive been searching in vain to find a starter relay/fuse or something that exists between the eis and the starter. i recently had to bypass the shift lock to move the vehicle, could i have inadvertantly damaged something inside? i too was really hoping it was just a $6 relay i was having a hard time finding. can anyone tell me exactly where it is cause im having a difficult time finding it. Even after hours of searching online. maybe im just missing it. any input/advice/direction would be greatly appreciated because this thing is driving me nuts. I need my car running. Help!
thanks!
Aloha
mario.

ps anyone know of a place I am get a used back glass for cheap that will actually ship it to me here in hawaii?