CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK430 Blower motor inoperative

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk430
CLK430 Blower motor inoperative

Hello everyone. My friends 99 CLK430 is experiencing issues with the HVAC system, particularly the blower motor. With the engine running and HVAC controls set appropriately, the compressor clutch is engaged and the lines feel normal. Inside, after bringing up the diagnostic codes (holding REST for 6 seconds), I noticed that he has sufficient refrigerant pressure (10bar) but what appears an abnormality is the code 10 (it says 4.8 volts for the blower motor control circuit). Also, code 20 is zero. I checked fuse 25 and it is not blown. I couldn't get the system to bring up any trouble codes (hold REST and windshield defrost buttons and watch for the RECIRC LED to light). The RECIRC light did not operate and only provided diagnostic codes. I'm assuming there are no trouble codes, explaining the reason for only showing diagnostic codes.

Any help would be appreciated in trying to figure out why his car has no blower output.
Thanks.

Mike
Old 08-15-2022, 08:21 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Woosley
Hello everyone. My friends 99 CLK430 is experiencing issues with the HVAC system, particularly the blower motor. With the engine running and HVAC controls set appropriately, the compressor clutch is engaged and the lines feel normal. Inside, after bringing up the diagnostic codes (holding REST for 6 seconds), I noticed that he has sufficient refrigerant pressure (10bar) but what appears an abnormality is the code 10 (it says 4.8 volts for the blower motor control circuit). Also, code 20 is zero. I checked fuse 25 and it is not blown. I couldn't get the system to bring up any trouble codes (hold REST and windshield defrost buttons and watch for the RECIRC LED to light). The RECIRC light did not operate and only provided diagnostic codes. I'm assuming there are no trouble codes, explaining the reason for only showing diagnostic codes.

Any help would be appreciated in trying to figure out why his car has no blower output.
Thanks.

Mike
not sure if you figured this out...many CLKs have blower issues because of leaks in the drain holes at the wiper. The water makes its way to the blower motor and shorts it out or has enough rusting to make blower motor work on and off...if you search how to change blower or cabin filter, you'll find the culprit...if that turns out to be be the problem or if you found something else, please post your solution.