CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Loud Clicking / Rattling noise when I press on the brakes!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loud Clicking / Rattling noise when I press on the brakes!

This is my first time posting, so please bare with me.

There is a Loud Clicking / Rattling noise coming from underneath my car when my car is in drive mode and I am at a complete stop and pressing on the brakes. When, I acclerate and let go of the brake, the clicking / rattling noise goes away. When I have the car in park and I step on the brake, it doesn't make the noise. It only makes the loud noise when my car is in drive mode and I am stopped at a redlight. Therefore I can't exactly figure out where the noise is coming from.The Clicking / Rattling noise is getting louder and louder the more I drive my car. I replaced the brake pads at 30,000 miles and now it's at 45,000 miles. My warranty has expired and the last thing I want to do is take it to the dealer. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by liddleksin; 10-22-2004 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'03 E55 (My Daily), '01 ML 320 (Wifey), Twin Turbo '69 Camaro (In Progess)
My car makes the same clicking noise when I am coming to a stop. Its sounds like someone has put a baseball card in the spokes of a bicycle. It is very quiet however, and has not gotten any louder. I put brembo cross-drilled and slotted brake rotors on all fours and this is when I started hearing the hoise. I attributed it to the slots and drill holes making the noise when they come into contact with the pad but I do not think this is the case. Am open to suggestion from any other members out there. It does not make the noise when the car is at a stop.