CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Parts car value...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 W208
Parts car value...

We've had our CLK since 1998, we bought from the MB dealer in Santa Barbara. It was a 500-mile trade in for '98 S-Class. The previous owner was a land whale and couldn't enter/exit the CLK to save his life.

Anyway... fast forward 25 years and the old girl has about shot the wad. Mechanically in fairly good shape, still runs really well, but is starting to throw ESP/BAS error codes, etc. and the interior is fast falling apart (dash is cracked, sunroof pull-back screen is wasted, etc, etc.) the clearcoat went away years ago and took the color coat with it. I'm 72 now and not interested in scrunching up and crawling under dashes anymore so, hassle-wise, I know what I'm inclined to do. If I had the $$$ I'd call Chip Foose, or Danny Koker... but I'm not.

So the question is ... take it to an authorized California Motor Vehicle surrender yard, and get paid a $1,000 for it, sell it (probably for not much more), donate it to a Veteran's organization, etc.

What's it worth in rough drive-able condition? Yeah, I know, whatever somebody is willing to pay for it...

Old 08-14-2023, 11:21 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK 320 convertible
That's kind of a rare color. Looks familiar.

Is parting it out yourself an option? Outside of the paint, the body panels and wheels look good.