CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

W208 CLK Wind Deflector not clicking in place

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2024 | 03:36 PM

W208 CLK320, S202 C280, w202 C280, w124 200E
W208 CLK Wind Deflector not clicking in place

Good evening guys, today I decided to go out with my CLK 320 Cabriolet and while I was installing the Wind Deflector I noticed that on the passenger side it was not clicking in place and not holding the deflector in. I could easily lift the deflector and it would come out of the deflector cap without me pressing the button. I tried inspecting with a flashlight inside the wind deflector caps and I saw a difference in the mechanisms. Here is a link to see what I am talking about - (https://imgur.com/a/iSafDSB ). Sadly at the time of writing I don't have photos of it but I will go to the car tomorrow and try and take some and update the post. I will try my best to explain what it looked like, So the thing that is supposed to hold this - (https://imgur.com/a/0frqGPG ) in place had sunk down or was not in the correct position somehow. I tried searching the forums and YouTube for information but so far I have not been able to see a DIY video or any information on how to fix this. Do I just buy a new wind deflector cap, or is the mechanism that holds the deflector a separate part? Also any information on how to do it (Do I need to remove interior parts etc. to replace it) would be amazing!
Thank you in advance for your attention and help, it is much appreciated!!
I will be back tomorrow with pictures of inside the wind deflector caps to give you guys a better view/understanding of what I am trying to explain!