CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Removing instrument cluster/getting white gauge faces!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing instrument cluster/getting white gauge faces!!

Hey

Ive seen NR auto gauge faces. THey look HOT especially when they are lit at night. IS IT really HARD to remove the cluster out of the clk. Does the dash have to come apart? Has neone removed it and willing to share how hard it is??

And how hard is it to actually get the gauges in the cluster, ive LOOKED for the //AMG cluster from a c43 to possibly use in the clk but im not sure if it will work. Please help!

Thanks
Old 06-02-2002, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
The NR faces are nice, but ...

they are not perfect. Don't expect them to be and you'll probably be happy. They have a few minor glitches (they'll probably need a bit of trimming to fit well, and the numbers of your speedo will be slightly off.) Also, the locations/numbers of your water temp may be slightly different from your factory instrument. But for the money, they do look nice. If you want them done perfectly, remove the cluster and send it to North Hollywood Speedo in LA. I've sent quite a few clusters there and the work is superb. A few days down time and they'll have them back to you in any fashion you want. It is substantially more $$ though, probably about $4-500 depending on what features you want. Hope this helps. allen.
Old 06-04-2002, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 161 Likes on 130 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
hey my freind,, its not as easy as you might think!

firstly, the instrument cluister has to be deigned for your model to fit. Secondly, instrument cluster have all the electronic data stored in them, so any change would require the cluster to be sent to MB or authorized dealer for sofware download to the new cluster ( mileage etc.. ).

I replaced my standard elegance intstrument cluster to an AMG avantgarde one, and i had to send my cluster to germany which took about 15 days. My car was at the dealers during that period. And they made me pay 1000 bucks!!