CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

youngest benz owner in here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 mercedes clk coupe
Originally posted by oresama99
not surprised at all the teenage mb'ers, how many of y'all asian? i'll bet a lot of you. i'm 23 w/E55. I financed an s4 with my current job, but my mom flipped out when she heard i bought an audi so she made me get a merc. on and on and on about how i would regret buying and audi, cheap car, blah blah. chinese mother, go figure (at least in my opinion).
age 23 and ur mother telling you what to do????

what a mamas boy lol
Old 06-06-2002, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe
ps and mos asians are into honda powered by vtec cars or acuras then supras

i see philipinos like mbs alot

most mb drivers r middle easterns and europeans arabs persians, armenians, russians, germans etc... i think if u are not in this category please DO NOT ATTACK lol
Old 06-06-2002, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Originally posted by sungulent

age 23 and ur mother telling you what to do????

what a mamas boy lol
I gotta say, if my mother was giving me advice like, "Get rid of your A4 and get an E55", I'd have to start paying alot more attention... Smart woman.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:19 PM

M3 Cab
i'm a hella mama's boy. not going to deny it.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Originally posted by ERICCLK55
no, my mom's pocket change
Nice.. I wonder if my mother will purchase my SL55 for me?? Well, I can keep dreamin!!
Old 06-06-2002, 02:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cayenne GTS, Cayenne Turbo

most mb drivers r middle easterns and europeans arabs persians, armenians, russians, germans etc... i think if u are not in this category please DO NOT ATTACK lol

That's true.. I'm Filipino. My family loves MBs. We tried BMW but never again. Lousy POS's.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:44 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali

Come on, man. We puerto Ricans roll in Benzos- as in "me and Lorenzo rollin' in the Benzo!" wooooooooaaaaaa!!!
Old 06-06-2002, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Benzo

Come on, man. We puerto Ricans roll in Benzos- as in "me and Lorenzo rollin' in the Benzo!" wooooooooaaaaaa!!!
Don't forget us Taiwanese There are numerous people drive Mercedes-Benz in my school including myself and most of them are Asian. Mercedes-Benz is the only choice for most of the Chinese families.

-Bruce
Old 06-06-2002, 04:57 PM

CLS 500
I'm 28 and I own a CLK 430. When I was In 9th grade (High School) I drove a brand new Supra Turbo (nicest car in high school). Parents bought it for me cause of good grades. Senior Year they bought me a Vette for college b/c I had a full ride scholarship to Stanford Univerity. Graduated from there and got design engineering (automotive design) job. Now I bought my-self a CLK430 and a 2002 Cadillac Escalade. Oh yeah paid my parents back for helping me through those years. Next Year looking to buy a Porsche 911 turbo.

Old 06-06-2002, 05:00 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally posted by LowRydeR

Don't forget us Taiwanese There are numerous people drive Mercedes-Benz in my school including myself and most of them are Asian. Mercedes-Benz is the only choice for most of the Chinese families.

-Bruce
not really...i'm from Taiwan too. in my family we use to have two Bimmer (me and my brother) before i crashed mine and got a C32 instead. BMW would be my first choice when it comes to normal cars, but when it comes to highend cars like AMG or M, AMG will top the M from BMW. My brother still picks the M5 though.

most of the young chinese i know will pick the 3-series first, because of there is a coupe available. the real reason i think is that girl somehow knows more about Bimmer than Merc.

BTW MOM is very powerful...lol...that is how my sister got a 2000 CLK320 instead of a Boxster or SLK in the first place.
Old 06-06-2002, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe
Originally posted by BANSASN
I'm 28 and I own a CLK 430. When I was In 9th grade (High School) I drove a brand new Supra Turbo (nicest car in high school). Parents bought it for me cause of good grades. Senior Year they bought me a Vette for college b/c I had a full ride scholarship to Stanford Univerity. Graduated from there and got design engineering (automotive design) job. Now I bought my-self a CLK430 and a 2002 Cadillac Escalade. Oh yeah paid my parents back for helping me through those years. Next Year looking to buy a Porsche 911 turbo.

good looking out after ur parents

good job man
Old 06-06-2002, 06:16 PM

R129 SL320 '99
Guys, I am 5 years old (almost 6) and this is my fourth MB.

I had a C250TD Sport when I was 2 followed by a CLK230K (with manual shift and no leather...crap to drive but not bad as my second company car). When that went back I was 5 and got my own C240 Sport which I liked but the wife did not so a month ago at 5 years and 8 months I got this 430 which I really do like.

OK, you can tell it's my dads car really and he is 30 going on forty!!!

Old 06-06-2002, 06:18 PM

'01 CLK320
Originally posted by FrankW

like i posted before i'm 19 drive a 02 C32. my sister is 23, drives a 2000 CLK320, my brother is 27 drives 97 528i and it will soon be an M5.
my parents gave us some choices like C-class or 3-series or A4 or X-type for me, CLK or SLK or Boxster for my sister, and 5-series or E-class or A6 or S-type for my brother.
my brother is still picking his second car, most likely it will be the M5.
Your parents are going to buy your 27 year old brother a car?
Old 06-06-2002, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe
Originally posted by apacket

lol
Old 06-06-2002, 06:26 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter

he is drving a 5 years almost 6 yrs old 528i...my parents ask him to replace the car 3 yrs ago...he said he'll wait and my parents agreed
Old 06-06-2002, 06:29 PM

M3 Cab

maybe he's still in school for phd. i had a thai friend like that, 27 and 2years away from phd in civil engineering, airport traffick flow.
Old 06-06-2002, 07:10 PM

2000 CLK 430
I think i'm the Winner / Youngest, just a pup.
I love crusing the streets looking for Bitc%es.

Last edited by BroadSt Bully; 06-06-2002 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-06-2002, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe
awhh how cute

Ben u might like that pic

hows ur dog man???? :bj:
Old 06-07-2002, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 161 Likes on 130 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
i lived in england for 6 years when i was getting my education, and i gotta tell u about several of my JAPO friends....

they would not settle for anything less than a ferrari!
Old 06-09-2002, 07:41 AM

2000 CLK 430
Originally posted by BroadSt Bully
I think i'm the Winner / Youngest, just a pup.
I love crusing the streets looking for Bitc%es.

Now that's my boy..........
Old 06-14-2002, 08:17 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 CLK320 Blk/Blk with stupid options that are not used like sunshade
Talking

This is a funny forum topic! Just shows the diversity and drive of today's youth and the wonderful generousity of some asian (i think) parents.

I'm 30, I was 27 when I got my CLK 320.

I'm a financial planner, own my own office of Raymond James Financial. Used to work at Morgan Stanley 5 years ago. Before that I was in corporate finance in Hong Kong right out of UPenn Wharton SOB.

I have a lot of buddies from HK, Taiwan, Japan etc who have parents who lavish expensive cars on their kids, usually to their detriment. Most of my buddies didn't let it get to their heads and are still the same crazy friends we've always been. I think that working hard for your MB at this age is a great thing and why not get a nice car?!? I also don't hold it against anyone who has parents who care enough to get a nice car for their kids. Hey! If you got the money why the hell not? It's a hell of a safe car!

Anyways, cheers to all of you!

Jon

PS: Any of you rich kids or people out there need help making more money for your next clk55 (or CL?) drop me a message!
Old 06-15-2002, 09:00 AM

'01 CLK320
Do people really live and work and have jobs in Hawaii? I mean if people could make a living in Hawaii, why would you live anywhere else?

I'm packing my bags.
Old 06-15-2002, 10:16 AM

All of the above
Going to Hawaii with you!

Wait for me! If there are MB drivers in Hawaii they must need an MB salesman.

Seriously, I sell MB in PA and have seen plenty of 18-21 year olds buying cars. 19 year old walks in with dad and picks out a new SL500 (dad said it was better than getting him the M3 that he wanted), still came back in a month wrecked. But have also had a 20 yr. old lease his own CLK430 (makes good $ while going tio college part time). Also 21 year old bought CLK430 (has his own construction biz). Recently had a 18 year old girl buy a C230K who was in a bad accident and wanted the safest car she could get for <$30K. If you (or your parents) work hard for your money you deserve to get a great car if you want it, whatever age you are.

P.S. As I write this a dad and son are sitting with the salesman next to me and the dad is paying up front (single pay lease) for a 2 year lease for son for a college grad present.

It's all good!
Old 06-17-2002, 01:23 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Originally posted by willworkforfood
This is a funny forum topic! Just shows the diversity and drive of today's youth and the wonderful generousity of some asian (i think) parents.

I'm 30, I was 27 when I got my CLK 320.

I'm a financial planner, own my own office of Raymond James Financial. Used to work at Morgan Stanley 5 years ago. Before that I was in corporate finance in Hong Kong right out of UPenn Wharton SOB.

I have a lot of buddies from HK, Taiwan, Japan etc who have parents who lavish expensive cars on their kids, usually to their detriment. Most of my buddies didn't let it get to their heads and are still the same crazy friends we've always been. I think that working hard for your MB at this age is a great thing and why not get a nice car?!? I also don't hold it against anyone who has parents who care enough to get a nice car for their kids. Hey! If you got the money why the hell not? It's a hell of a safe car!

Anyways, cheers to all of you!

Jon

PS: Any of you rich kids or people out there need help making more money for your next clk55 (or CL?) drop me a message!
Too funny... You and I are very similar except that I began my career with Merryl Lynch then opened my own American Express Financial Advisors franchise. Naughty, naughty, soliciting online!!!! Your cokpliance is always watching.
Old 06-17-2002, 07:29 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 CLK320 Blk/Blk with stupid options that are not used like sunshade
Do people really live and work and have jobs in Hawaii? I mean if people could make a living in Hawaii, why would you live anywhere else?

I'm packing my bags.
LOL! Yes, it is nice to work and live in Hawaii. I was actually born here, though I went to school in BEAUTIFUL... philadelphia .
It's really nice being able to surf and play golf and tennis all year round. Plus, my drive to work is about 5 minutes.
Nowadays, at least for my business, financial planning, it doesn't matter a whole lot where you are located. I can watch my biz from a laptop from anywhere, even when I fly to Japan or HK.
I think a lot more businesses are becoming more and more mobile, so I hope a lot of professionals would choose to live in Hawaii, our economy needs it! After 9-11, tourism took a big hit here, so the local economy is pretty weak now. In the future, I'm hoping that we can have a more diverse economy that can attract more e-mobile professionals.
If anyone needs info on Hawaii or moving here, please don't hesitate to message me!
-Jon

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: youngest benz owner in here?