CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Must have options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK 350 Cab
Must have options

After owning a 1999 CLK320 cab for the last 5 years, I'm going to upgrade to the 2006 CLK350 cab. I test drove the E350 so that I could check out the new transmission and engine. Since that car is about the same weight as a cab, it was a pretty good indication on how the CLK350 will feel. I was very impressed with pickup and the transmission felt smooth.

I'm pre-ordering and I'm interested in the options that you think are must haves on this car.
I'm ordering Cadet Blue w/Charcoal interior (Does anyone have this combo?) I was also thinking about Charcoal with blue seat inserts.
Parktronic (I could never see out the back on my 208).
DVD Comand, Multi-Contour seats, Heated seats.
I'm going with my iPod instead of the CD changer.
I'm on the fence about the bi-xenon lighting package, the Active Ventilated seats (is the heating function as good as the regular heated seats?) and Sports Suspension.
Does anyone have thoughts on this, since I need to finalize my order.
Thanks for any input
Old 04-30-2005, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C320 Coupe MT
For my two cents, I wouldn't skip the CD changer, mainly for resale reasons. And, since your car will probably be a MY 06, you can get the factory ipod interface and use it like steve jobs intended!

And, good headlights are a must! Not to mention that the projectors are a much better look than hollow chrome buckets.

Keyless go is a pretty cool feature, and you can get that annoying beeping to stop by hitting the mileage reset button when it is beeping.

And, for $400 or whatever it is, tire pressure monitoring is worth it's weight in gold.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:07 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 CLK 350 Cab
Keyless go is a pretty cool feature, and you can get that annoying beeping to stop by hitting the mileage reset button when it is beeping.

And, for $400 or whatever it is, tire pressure monitoring is worth it's weight in gold.[/QUOTE]

Is Keyless worth $1000 of cool?
I don't see tire pressure monitor as an option on the current CLK, who's got it?
Old 05-01-2005, 09:47 PM

Bi-xenons are definitely a must! That is one thing you should not skip out on or you will regret it. Regarding keyless go, everyone has their opinions on it, but I have it and thinks its a great feature. It comes in alot more handy than people would think.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Keyless is cool. Even Avalon has this feature. I think it's twice cheaper. But considering that you pay under invocie it isn't big deal.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Originally Posted by mbbodytech
For my two cents, I wouldn't skip the CD changer, mainly for resale reasons.
Isn't CD changer pre-wired and mounted in trunk? In this case you can always buy it from ebay for $200 to bump a resale price. I have CD changer but listen it just few times, because iPod.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:18 AM

Definitely Navigation System + Keyless go. You will love them Have fun
Old 05-02-2005, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
whats up with the cadet blue craze? eveyrones gettin it now!! (guess who started it lol) best of luck...about the options i have everything except keyless go and xenon's you probably would like both! i dont care for keyless but i want xenon's badly

best move is go for the ash interior, i personally have stone but ash has a nicer look and stays cleaner....just my .02
Old 05-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 CLK 350 Cab
Originally Posted by clkcadet
whats up with the cadet blue craze? eveyrones gettin it now!! (guess who started it lol) best of luck...about the options i have everything except keyless go and xenon's you probably would like both! i dont care for keyless but i want xenon's badly

best move is go for the ash interior, i personally have stone but ash has a nicer look and stays cleaner....just my .02
Thanks. I've had the Brilliant Silver w/charcoal for 5 years (easy to care for) and I was ready for a change. Do you know any one who's had Cadet Blue w/ charcoal? I think it might look good with the black top. Why does Ash stay cleaner?
What's the negative on Keyless?

I've been spoiled by having 2 cupholders in my CLK, what do I do now? Has anyone found a solution that can sit in the back seat
right behind the consol?
Old 05-02-2005, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
havent seen charcoal interior so i can not tell you, just a mental picture that i dont think sounds right but i will go on mbusa to see how it looks,
Ash stays cleaner than stone since its a bit darker, stone is closest to white

keyless negatives? not sure, just had to be a little security cautious here in NY

about the cupholders, one is more than enough but if it helps in the back seat there is a pull down arm rest that holds 2 cups
Old 05-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 CLK 350 Cab
about the cupholders, one is more than enough but if it helps in the back seat there is a pull down arm rest that holds 2 cups[/QUOTE]

In the cab there's only one
Old 05-03-2005, 01:19 AM

I guess the only negative things about keyless go is the price. That and the fact that I do not know of any company that makes an aftermarket shift knob for keyless go, if you were to change it.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 CLK 350 Cab
Re: the Active Ventilated seats, on the website they refer to a heating function. No one seems to know if this function is the same or as good as the regular heated seats. Does anyone have experience with the Active Ventilated seats?
Thanks
Old 05-03-2005, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by mojomk
I don't see tire pressure monitor as an option on the current CLK, who's got it?
It's now a standard feature.

-Stephane
Old 05-03-2005, 03:07 PM

Must have options for the '06 Year

Must have options for the '06 Year

2006 MERCEDES BENZ CLK 350 COUPE

7GTRONIC
268 HORSEPOWER
AMG Sport Package

Active Ventilated front seats
Dual-zone CFC-free automatic climate control with individual left and right digital temperature controls
Heated front seats
Multicontour drivers seat
Bi-Xenon headlamps with active curve illumination system
Heated headlamp washers
Keyless Go
Power tilt/sliding tinted glass sunroof with one-touch express-open/close and memory

If available 2006 options I would take:
Drive-Dynamic drivers seat
Drive-Dynamic front passenger seat

All that's left is to pick the color and interior
Attached Thumbnails Must have options-sedan_det_0_main.jpg   Must have options-o3065.jpg  
Old 05-03-2005, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
those are the rims that come with the amg package? theyve been around for a while
Old 05-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 CLK 350 Cab
[QUOTE=Mason00]Must have options for the '06 Year

2006 MERCEDES BENZ CLK 350 COUPE

7GTRONIC
268 HORSEPOWER
AMG Sport Package

Active Ventilated front seats
Dual-zone CFC-free automatic climate control with individual left and right digital temperature controls
Heated front seats
Multicontour drivers seat
Bi-Xenon headlamps with active curve illumination system

Is the Dual Zone climate control an option and not standard?
Again, why do I need heated front seats if the Active Ventilated seats have a heating function?
Old 05-04-2005, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by clkcadet
those are the rims that come with the amg package? theyve been around for a while
Those are not the rims on the AMG Package. Expect these to be the rims with the package.

I'm not too sure but on the MB Website in Canada, selecting the Active Ventalated Seats still allows you to add the Heated Seats option.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
322.bmp (600.1 KB, 342 views)
Old 05-04-2005, 01:06 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 CLK320
Active ventilated seats include the heated seats too and they work quite well to warm your booty. Its just too bad the ventilated seats (all 10 fans or so) suck. They hardly provide a whisper of a breeze even on the highest setting. If you're lucky MB might get a clue and crank up the output a bit for 2006 model.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Mojo,

Get all the options you can as it will cost you later if you want them. The bix is a must, keyless goo is awesome and navi is great.... Trust me when I say, get the options because later on when u want to retro fit, it will cost you, along with the head ache! good luck!
Old 05-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 CLK 350 Cab
Everybody, thanks for the great info. Keyless Go sounds like a great option and the bi-xenons seem to be a good saftey option. I'll go with the Active Ventilated Seats and skip the heated seats.
I haven't heard any feedback about the Sports Suspension or Charcoal/Blue interior with Cadet Blue. Should I upgrade the wheels and rims in aftermarket or with the pre-order? Is anyone else getting excited about the CLK350?

I'm on the list, but I'm not sure when I'll get it. If there's a huge demand, can the dealer add a premium once the car arrives and force me to make a take it or leave decision?
Old 05-05-2005, 07:53 PM

2003 CLK430 Cabriolet
i've seen the charcoal/blue interior in person several times and it's hot.
it would be my number one choice.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:34 PM

I'm getting pumped about the 06 CLK 350. I will be getting it pretty much fully loaded with the AMG Sport package. Such a better value of a car compared to the 320.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Parktronic

=== MB design Parktronic is possibly the best of the best and it shines !Everybody claps their hands when they sit in my ex-E320 and now C55 , both with Parktronic. The LEDs front and rear panels are fantasic and they are like decorative lightings and glows nicely in the dark !!! Some people even thought they were some equilaizer graphics display of the car audio

DVD Comand, Multi-Contour seats, Heated seats.

=== no comments

I'm going with my iPod instead of the CD changer.

=== In this century , CD changer is a joke even they are installed hidden in the glovebox. They just took up space for no value. And, believe or not, I always find that the CD playback sound in the CD changer is always worse than if you play the CD in the front audio CD player

I'm on the fence about the bi-xenon lighting package,

=== what can I say, there is nothing to think. Why bother to get a MB new sports car at all if you don't have bi-xenon It 's all about fashion and class. Here in HK, we pay fortune on high-end MB cars, Bi-xenon is always included as a standard. CLK350Cab is a high-end MB car here in HK.

Sports Suspension.

=== A straight answer is NO. Because it is a Cab, you want more comfort. And stiff suspension makes Cab generates more rattling because of its more mechnical parts nature.
I believe if you get the Avangarde version, its suspension is already stiffer than the Elegant version. If you get the Elegant version, there is not much point to have the sport suspension because ppl buying Elegant version will always want maximum comfort.
But I agree, the option is 'very personal taste'

My two cents
cnt

Last edited by cntlaw; 05-05-2005 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:43 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 CLK 350 Cab
I believe if you get the Avangarde version, its suspension is already stiffer than the Elegant version. If you get the Elegant version, there is not much point to have the sport suspension because ppl buying Elegant version will always want maximum comfort.

Thanks for the feedback. I've just added to my order bi-xenons, keyless go and activated seats. I don't think MBUSA offers Avangarde or Elegant versions. Is this something that we'll see in the States on the clk350? When I get the 350 this summer, I'll let you know how it goes. Until then, I still have the joy of my 320 cab.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Must have options