CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

help with 20mm spacers and lug bolts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes
help with 20mm spacers and lug bolts

hey guys, I need your help with my new wheels. I tried a forum search but didn't find an answer specific to the CLK, I did find a thread in this forum but it's a year old.
Anyway, I got new wheels that are 9.5" wide in the rear, but they need 20mm spacers. do any of you know whether this will rub against the fender? Also, would it cause a lot of stress on the bolts due to the leverage, I read that while searching the forums. A shop by me will be able to make the bolts long enough for this, but I want to know if having 20mm spacers is advisable.

I also read that when you purchase H&R spacers they come with the longer lug bolts, does anybody have any experience with this and know where I can get them for a good price?
Old 06-10-2005, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It depends on the offset of your wheel. But I cannot think of any MB wheel (even with the wrong offset) would require anyone to put a 20mm spacer in the back. May I know what wheel did you get? If your wheels do need 20mm spacers, obviously, you need some longer bolts, otherwise, how can the lugs be securely fastened to the hub???
Old 06-10-2005, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes
They're ACE wheels and I know that I need longer wheel bolts. I'm just worried about an issue with rubbing, and somebody mentioned in another forum that "the leverage" created by the spacers would put stress on the wheel bolts. Also, will the spacers increase performance due to the wider track?

Harris do you sell the H&R spacers?

Thanks for your help.